Eurovision Song Contest.

pattricia

I thought they would have let UK win and then have next year's event take place in Brighton - 50 year anniversary of ABBA winning there. 

But no they went one better. Let Sweden win and then next year milk dry the publicity generated by the home country of ABBA.

Our TV remained switched off all night last night. 

38 minutes ago, abbeyedges said:

I thought they would have let UK win and then have next year's event take place in Brighton - 50 year anniversary of ABBA winning there. 

But no they went one better. Let Sweden win and then next year milk dry the publicity generated by the home country of ABBA.

Our TV remained switched off all night last night. 

Do you only have BBC One? Should get your aerial looked at, mate. 

Thank God we can watch and listen on YouTube to : Sinatra, Crosby, Ella Fitzgerald,Perry Como etc; I’m not a Presley fan but would gladly listen to him instead of that mad, shouting, screaming lot. ! 
Not to mention the costumes and make up of the Eurovision contestants !!! 

9 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Thank God we can watch and listen on YouTube to : Sinatra, Crosby, Ella Fitzgerald,Perry Como etc; I’m not a Presley fan but would gladly listen to him instead of that mad, shouting, screaming lot. ! 
Not to mention the costumes and make up of the Eurovision contestants !!! 

Have a look at my Grandson Pat, he blinds that lot...

3 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Where is he ? Is there a link to him ?

Have a look at "In 5 words what's made your day" thread.

17 minutes ago, francypants said:

It's not a song contest anymore,  it's a pantomime   .........   I've always hated pantomimes.

You'll always be my Cinderella Fran..  😍

Very underwhelming.  

I'd expected so much more from "the home of British music" as so many have been saying of late.   All those rumours of Macca making an appearance came to naught, all those famous Liverpool bands (heck, I'd have even welcomed Ringo) and the biggest act they can scrape up is Skelmersdale's Sonia.

A few good acts, but lost in a sea of manufactured Poundland Ariana Grandes straight from their country's equivalent of Pop Idol.

And to sum it up, terrible commentary from Mel Giedroyc.

Quite amusing to see the apologists out in force today with the usual "Europe hate us for Brexit", while conveniently forgetting Sam Ryder.

58 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

Very underwhelming.  

I'd expected so much more from "the home of British music" as so many have been saying of late.   All those rumours of Macca making an appearance came to naught, all those famous Liverpool bands (heck, I'd have even welcomed Ringo) and the biggest act they can scrape up is Skelmersdale's Sonia.

A few good acts, but lost in a sea of manufactured Poundland Ariana Grandes straight from their country's equivalent of Pop Idol.

And to sum it up, terrible commentary from Mel Giedroyc.

Quite amusing to see the apologists out in force today with the usual "Europe hate us for Brexit", while conveniently forgetting Sam Ryder.

The girl who was our entry who came second to last and said she hated Britain before the competition kicked off was interviewed on the news on Saturday afternoon the woman interviewing her held out her phone so she could see the video message for Molly it was from Ringo I’m sure Molly had no idea who it was until the woman said how do you feel having Ringo Starr video message you ?