Eurovision Song Contest.

pattricia

• 11 months later...

Not hearing much that's grabbing me so far this year.
The British entry is rubbish. We deserve to come last again with that tripe.
Before the elimination rounds I had hopes for Spain, Slovenia, Ireland, Armenia and Austria. Those should have all got at least top 10 placings. I am fond of Greece's 'Love Actually' homage at the start of their vid.

I did like the angry lady from San Marino but she never made it through, alas.
Haven't heard anything yet that's on a par with my favourite from last year; 'Who The Hell Is Edgar?'

Once again politics has reared its ugly head. Booing the lass representing Israel in the semis the other night was ridiculous. I feel for her. She might only ever get one shot at the Contests and the haters are out in force. 

Despite the stance that the whole shebang is about diversity and inclusion, it's really about which country votes for who. Always has been. It'll be fascinating to see who is brave enough to vote for Israel and who shuns them.

I'm sure Sir Terry would have had views.

a2iUjsA.png.465666700b10f2403d44e3a6dc94028d.png

• Like 1

Is it all going to kick off at some point tonight & be worth watching rather than being a Euro karaoke? 

Second question.  If you are LGBTQ+Ace, Jack, Queen, King, Bishop to Night's King, is it compulsory to watch.  I've always wondered? 

18 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Is it all going to kick off at some point tonight & be worth watching rather than being a Euro karaoke? 

Second question.  If you are LGBTQ+Ace, Jack, Queen, King, Bishop to Night's King, is it compulsory to watch.  I've always wondered? 

Yes should be a laugh watching on the news with some numpty with a tin of orange paint chucking it somewhere.
You’ve missed a few off by the way B99, non binary, non algebra, decimal point, semicolon, identifying as a hedgehog to name a few.

• Haha 1

It's far from rubbish.

I'm an avid viewer. Watched it as a kid with my folks and in turn watched it with my kids, then grandkids. My two had notebooks when small and made notes on catchiest song, best costumes, favourite dance routines etc etc. It's always been a laugh and something to laugh at.

Of course that's all changed now. It's no longer a song contest, it's a cause contest. Has spoiled it somewhat but gems do get through occasionally.  

I dunno what the British selectors were doing choosing that bloke as our representative. They were clearly aiming for the gay vote. Wow - didn't that backfire?

Crap song, crap suggestive routine and he's a rubbish singer.  We deserved zero and that's what the public yelled back.

Glad the Israeli lass did well. She's been bullied this past week and if there's one thing the general public don't like it's someone being picked one. She deserved her high placing and votes. Their submission had more than a hint of 'Bond theme' about it.