Eurovision Song Contest.

pattricia

Love it me.

It's hilarious.  The funniest aspect of this year's bonanza was the self righteous lefties wearing Palestinian headscarves protesting and trying  ( and failing) to disrupt a show of mostly self righteous lefties and also failing to persuade the contestants to boycott it!!🤣

It was rather telling that the poor Israeli lass who has been subjected to horrendous bullying was very popular and gained a top five position due to the public vote.

The silent majority speaks again.

The UK entry was not only embarrassing but oh so predictable!

Can't wait for next year.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Love it me.

It's hilarious.  The funniest aspect of this year's bonanza was the self righteous lefties wearing Palestinian headscarves protesting and trying  ( and failing) to disrupt a show of mostly self righteous lefties and also failing to persuade the contestants to boycott it!!🤣

It was rather telling that the poor Israeli lass who has been subjected to horrendous bullying was very popular and gained a top five position due to the public vote.

The silent majority speaks again.

The UK entry was not only embarrassing but oh so predictable!

Can't wait for next year.

Yup its a fantastic piece of Saturday night entertainment tbf, well worth the money the BBC pay (which apparently is equal to one episode of Casualty, and for that they get three nights of live entertainment). A bargain on that basis.

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

Yup its a fantastic piece of Saturday night entertainment tbf, well worth the money the BBC pay (which apparently is equal to one episode of Casualty, and for that they get three nights of live entertainment). A bargain on that basis.

You call that entertainment?You need to get out more.

49 minutes ago, ukdobby said:

You call that entertainment?You need to get out more.

And watched by 7.6m people, which in this day and age is exceptional. 

It isn't vanishing from TV screens anytime soon, hard luck. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

And watched by 7.6m people, which in this day and age is exceptional. 

It isn't vanishing from TV screens anytime soon, hard luck. 

Well said, that man.

Haters always gonna hate....etc etc.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, pattricia said:

Our song ? Nowhere again ! Good singer, shame about the song !

I don't know. It was well outside the relegation zone at 18th place and certainly got more points than many previous songs before it. 

We do get our occasional successes. I mean we did come second last year (and most likely we'll have been first if it wasn't for sympathy votes going to Ukraine). 

According to some quick number crunching, we are on par with France, Luxembourg and the Netherlands with five wins of the competition over history. Only Ireland and Sweden are above that with seven wins. There's even 25 countries in the competition who have never won a single one. 

Let's face it. We always love to put our own entries down. We've been doing it for years.

Edited by ECCOnoob

I haven’t watched the show yet.  Will probably  watch some of it tonight.  It’s just a shame that politics and governments can’t be kept out of the Eurovision Song Contest.

The Israeli girl was confined to her hotel room when not on stage because of death threats, pleased she came in the top 5.

On 12/05/2024 at 18:45, hauxwell said:

I haven’t watched the show yet.  Will probably  watch some of it tonight.  It’s just a shame that politics and governments can’t be kept out of the Eurovision Song Contest.

The Israeli girl was confined to her hotel room when not on stage because of death threats, pleased she came in the top 5.

I’m pleased she lost because her song was propaganda and if Russia can be banned then why not Israel? Did you hear what the Israeli broadcaster said about the Irish act?

israel is despised for a reason 

19 minutes ago, mafya said:

I’m pleased she lost because her song was propaganda and if Russia can be banned then why not Israel? Did you hear what the Israeli broadcaster said about the Irish act?

israel is despised for a reason 

she came second in the public vote, and fifth overall

Excited Season 2 GIF by The Office