Eurovision Song Contest.

pattricia

On 14/05/2023 at 09:51, pattricia said:

Bad or what ? And not just because we came next to the bottom. Singers crawling about on the floor, bawling their heads off, women with claw like nails ! Thought I was on LSD ! Where are the proper singers ? I switched over to Dan Snow exploring Tutankhamens tomb. Think it was a repeat but anything was better than that bawling lot !

I agree wholeheartedly, why can't they just dress normal and stand before a microphone and just sing? why all the cavorting around like someone possessed 

56 minutes ago, vmam said:

I agree wholeheartedly, why can't they just dress normal and stand before a microphone and just sing? why all the cavorting around like someone possessed 

To take your mind off their awful singing.

2 hours ago, vmam said:

Because the performance is judged as much as the song?

If someone stood still behind a microphone they’d get few points for ‘being boring’. Part of Eurovision is that it is one-upping and showmanship.

And that’s fine for its audience. I’m not a fan but it has its place and a strong following so that’s great for those who do like it.

• Like 2

On 17/05/2024 at 20:29, vmam said:

Bring back Sinatra !

5 hours ago, pattricia said:

Bring back Sinatra !

Agree pattricia and nowadays they have the technology to do it.

Stopped watching it years ago when it became far too political.

From the bits I’ve accidentally seen it’s become absolute dross and I’ve no idea why we’re still entering it or wasting money contributing to it.

Apart from that it’s fine!😃

echo