Eurovision Song Contest.

pattricia

7 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Exactly !

Its just gone from the stage of ridiculous to complete absurdity,  it used to be a great competition, great talent from different countries and towards the end,  waiting for the results  whilst nail biting and sitting on the edge of seats. 

15 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Its just gone from the stage of ridiculous to complete absurdity,  it used to be a great competition, great talent from different countries and towards the end,  waiting for the results  whilst nail biting and sitting on the edge of seats. 

The way the results are done now are the best way they have come up with doing it. Think you are looking at this with rose tinted specs, go and look at some of the ones from the 80s and 90s with a runaway winner, it was obvious after 10 countries who had won. The Katrina and the Waves win in 97 was exactly like this, absolutely bugger all tension past five minutes.

6 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

The way the results are done now are the best way they have come up with doing it. Think you are looking at this with rose tinted specs, go and look at some of the ones from the 80s and 90s with a runaway winner, it was obvious after 10 countries who had won. The Katrina and the Waves win in 97 was exactly like this, absolutely bugger all tension past five minutes.

I don't despute what you say and I am looking back with rose spectacle glasses but I enjoyed it in the late 60s and early 70s,  and to be  honest I've never really bothered with it since.

Just now, PRESLEY said:

I don't despute what you say and I am looking back with rose spectacle glasses but I enjoyed it in the late 60s and early 70s,  and to be  honest I've never really bothered with it since.

Ah in which case you wont be aware as to how the results are done these days, its done in a very different way whereby the result isnt known until the last result is given, its very clever tbh.  Its also not dragged out by satellite problems and phone delays anymore, nor do they spend ages giving out all 10 points per country.

2 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

You haven’t missed anything !

32 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

I'd rather listen to "Flapper" squawking than that rubbish!

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

Ah in which case you wont be aware as to how the results are done these days, its done in a very different way whereby the result isnt known until the last result is given, its very clever tbh.  Its also not dragged out by satellite problems and phone delays anymore, nor do they spend ages giving out all 10 points per country.

Your right but I am just mainly on about how Weird/Bizarre its got.

1 minute ago, Padders said:

I'd rather listen to "Flapper" squawking than that rubbish!

I would rather pay to see Flapper than pay to see those idiots.