Should 16 & 17 Year Olds Be Allowed To Vote?

2 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

Now youre just trying to divert the conversation to something totally unrelated to this

You seem to think im the Prime Minister of the UK with this line of questioning

Lets just agree to disagree on this one 

Nope.

In answer to my post commenting about the irony of people holding the UK to be such a fine democracy, being dead set against allowing more voters for still more democracy, you brought up the strawman of a new EU referendum if EU immigrants were given a vote in a GE, and lumped the notion of “fairness for UK citizens” on top, asking me about ‘my idea’ of a “fair balanced democracy”.

I just reminded you of the historical fact, where voting in the 2016 EU referendum was concerned, that this “fair balanced democracy” that the UK allegedly is, disenfranchised just about all UK citizens living in the EU at the time. So, where was that “fairness for UK citizens” and how “fair balanced” was that democracy then, eh?

No diversion whatsoever there. You just don’t know the meaning of the words you use.

16-17  year olds can vote when they have paid some income tax they might be a bit more careful but todays 16-17 olds couldn't be trusted to run a bath never mind their own life of make a credible judgement on politics.

Just now, ab6262 said:

16-17  year olds can vote when they have paid some income tax they might be a bit more careful but todays 16-17 olds couldn't be trusted to run a bath never mind their own life of make a credible judgement on politics.

How’s the Brexit you voted for going?

2 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

How’s the Brexit you voted for going?

actually going very well thanks , we still have our european customers for race suits who find them cheaper here even with the bit of paperwork, we are importing loads of race spares from europe just as easily as it was before.

we are buying building materials very easily now covid has gone and production is back up.

i dont have a problem going abroad just a different entry gate, i actually go to europe more now than before, in fact we are going to race our classic bikes there next year, germany, holland and belgium as we have been invited  to some prestigious race meets.

we are keeping very busy thanks and very profitable.

so thanks for asking i never knew you cared that much 

59 minutes ago, Axe said:

It is a fact the UK left the EU in January 2020.  The Northern Ireland protocol had provisions for renogotiations .  The future arrangements with the EU will always be an ongoing process subject to changes.

Johnson knew that the deal Frost had negotiated had problems even before he put it to parliament. The renegotiations haven't been to tidy up minor unforeseen things - they were known fundamental problems. Even Johnson's attempts at renegotiating failed because he and Frost were still hoping to get the EU to agree to undermine the single market. That's why the Windsor Framework was only possible after Johnson was out of the way and some grown-ups could be put in place who would to stop insisting on unicorns and so enable an agreement to happen.

The Tory MPs made a big mistake in removing Boris Johnson as leader which played into the hands of the opposition parties.

The Tories removed Johnson because "He partied with other people after he stopped me saying goodbye my dying mum" was toxic to the party's chances at the next election.

Saw this, thought of this thread…

…couldn’t distinguish parody in that clip from posts of certain posters on here 🤪

“below the poverty line wokies”: I’m absolutely stealing that 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by L00b
  • Thanks 1