League One V The Premier League

Moistened

An interesting discussion I heard lately was which league is better between League One and the Premier League?

In my opinion it is the Premier League as it has far better players and teams, also you get far more money which can help you attract far better players.

League One is good though due to away days at places like Shrewsbury and Fleetwood which can be good days out.

Which league is better?

Edited by Moistened
  • Haha 1

Too many trips to London in the premier league and bad kick off times and days, mind you the championship got like that last season, 3 o'clock Saturday away days were few and far between.

League one, who cares it's a league for one or two bullies to get embarrassed by hard working well managed minnows.

6 hours ago, Moistened said:

An interesting discussion I heard lately was which league is better between League One and the Premier League?

In my opinion it is the Premier League as it has far better players and teams, also you get far more money which can help you attract far better players.

League One is good though due to away days at places like Shrewsbury and Fleetwood which can be good days out.

Which league is better?

Better for what though? Better footballers are without a doubt in the Premier League but as a spectacle some of the PL games are a load of old tripe, boring. Who wants to see Man City up against a team just trying to stop them scoring, especially if you support the team playing them.

You see some great games from all the divisions and it has been said recently, on different occasions about all the leagues outside of the Premier league that anyone could beat anyone which is seldom the case these days in the PL.

Gone are the days when anyone could win it each and every year. It's just sown to around 6/7 clubs now battling away for top spot, the others are just trying to stay in it. You'll get somebody like Brighton are doing this season, they're up there, doing great but it won't last, couple of seasons and they'll be down the bottom no doubt.

So, for me, when watching as a neutral, I prefer the teams to be equally matched which you're more likely to see outside the PL although you do get great games in the PL, but they're mainly top v top or bottom v bottom.

6 hours ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Not heard that discussion before. Between the two it has to be the prem however give me the choice of the premiership or championship then it's the championship all day long for me.

I agree with you.

Got to admit, although The Blades are back in the PL, I do love the Championship.

It’s a cracking division. Excellent quality football most of the time but without the unfillable void between the top 3 or 4 teams and the rest of the division.

In the Championship I expect us to win every other game. Whereas the  PL is a daunting task.

• Like 2