Kids Stressed Due To Hard Sats Test Oh Dear!

1 hour ago, Magilla said:

Not just stating, lamenting the mess they're in... by making the usual "loud characteristic call" of completely miss-characterising everyone based on a load of fact free stuff you made up in your head...

...fits perfectly! :thumbsup:

No that's just you pontificating as usual from the ivory tower, my characterising is usually 100% spot on, called common sense

1 hour ago, Jack Grey said:

Why do you lefties always have to make it personal?

Keyboard tough guys who insult people all the time

Did you get bullied at school or something?

It's in their DNA I think. Either that or just pure frustration of being on the losing side.

23 minutes ago, ab6262 said:

oh give it a break i haven't seen the test but i am damn sure its what a 10 year old should have learnt

You have made that assessment without even seeing it? Blimey. 

One teacher I spoke to said the paper in question was verging on "GCSE standard". Why would a 10/11 year old be taught a GCSE syllabus? 

Oh and maybe an answer to my initial question? 

Edited by HeHasRisen

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

One teacher I spoke to said the paper in question was verging on "GCSE standard". Why would a 10/11 year old be taught a GCSE syllabus? 

hardly a surprise gcse s have been dumbed down for years 

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

and by the way nobody can see the paper at the moment as its under an embargo period because some yr 6 are still to take it, so your "Teacher " friend is a liar!

1 minute ago, Mister Gee said:

That’s an incredibly stupid post even by your standards.

oh stop rattling that cage Gee boy

9 minutes ago, ab6262 said:

and by the way nobody can see the paper at the moment as its under an embargo period because some yr 6 are still to take it, so your "Teacher " friend is a liar!

oh stop rattling that cage Gee boy

What on earth are you on about? SATs were last week. 

Do you wish to continue? 

Edited by HeHasRisen

Testing can be tough on the kids, especially the less able ones so working on a syllabus all school year then being presented questions that bare little or no relevance to what they have been learning seems very unfair on them in my opinion. They certainly have every right to be very disappointed. 

• Like 3

Just now, The_DADDY said:

Testing can be tough on the kids, especially the less able ones so working on a syllabus all school year then being presented questions that bare little or no relevance to what they have been learning seems very unfair on them in my opinion. They certainly have every right to be very disappointed. 

No no no mate. The exams that happened last week are embargoed and nobody can see them yet.  Not even the teachers. 

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

What on earth are you on about? SATs were last week. 

Do you wish to continue? 

can you find any of the controversial reading questions online????? that has caused so much stress? i can only find last years