Kids Stressed Due To Hard Sats Test Oh Dear!

12 minutes ago, Palomar said:

I thought it had been established that there's a mistake with the exam in question, so complaining about it seems reasonable.

If you didn't find school difficult at all, why no qualifications? 

It's a fantastic contradiction. Maybe he was just "sticking it to the man". 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

It's a fantastic contradiction. Maybe he was just "sticking it to the man". 

I’ve met loads of blokes like ab, often observed in a tap room talking rubbish with a copy of the Daily Mail or Sun in front of them. The always claim that the went to the ‘school of hard knocks’ and left with nothing to go to the ‘University of life’.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

I’ve met loads of blokes like ab, often observed in a tap room talking rubbish with a copy of the Daily Mail or Sun in front of them. The always claim that the went to the ‘school of hard knocks’ and left with nothing to go to the ‘University of life’.

What's wrong with being in a tap room?

1 hour ago, Mister Gee said:

oh you are  a strange one😄 are you missing something in life??

1 hour ago, Palomar said:

I thought it had been established that there's a mistake with the exam in question, so complaining about it seems reasonable.

If you didn't find school difficult at all, why no qualifications? 

As to the 'culture' thing, you and the other handwringers are being played by the media for clicks and distraction.

who said i had no qualifications???  i dont think there was  a mistake just a long read and a short time to answer? 

1 hour ago, ab6262 said:

oh you are  a strange one😄 are you missing something in life??

who said i had no qualifications???  i dont think there was  a mistake just a long read and a short time to answer? 

Do you don't think that counts as a "mistake" then? 

13 hours ago, Palomar said:

Regarding school qualifications , you said, 'probably none' a couple of pages ago.

Maybe our forum genius can now pick the bones out of the paper and let us know what he thinks... 

BBC News - Sats 2023: KS2 reading paper revealed after row over difficulty
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-65624697

"In which American state is the Congress Avenue Bridge found?

Relevant extract: By day the Congress Avenue Bridge in the city of Austin could hardly look more normal: a grey, dreary city-centre road bridge. By night, it plays host to one of the most amazing shows nature has to offer. The underside of the bridge is home to more than a million bats, and every evening in summer they all come swarming out at once, rising up into the city sky like a tornado before spreading out in all directions like plumes of smoke. Standing on the bridge, you might even feel the wind from their wings as they pass by.

Austin is the capital city of the state of Texas in the USA, but it is also the bat capital of North America. The bats under the bridge attract thousands of visitors every year, and every August lovers celebrate Bat Fest on the bridge in their honour.

Answer: The answer is Texas but the teacher told us it was likely children would not be familiar enough with American geography to know that Austin is not a state."

This is one of the reference points from the BBC link. So the teacher thinks that despite the words saying "city of Austin" and "Austin is the capital city of the state of Texas" the children would be using their geographical knowledge more than reading the question?