Kids Stressed Due To Hard Sats Test Oh Dear!

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

Maybe our forum genius can now pick the bones out of the paper and let us know what he thinks... 

BBC News - Sats 2023: KS2 reading paper revealed after row over difficulty
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-65624697

Hmmm... :huh:

Even staff "had to really think" about the answers, the National Association of Head Teachers (NAHT) said.

I think we might just have found the problem here... :hihi:

2 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Maybe our forum genius can now pick the bones out of the paper and let us know what he thinks... 

BBC News - Sats 2023: KS2 reading paper revealed after row over difficulty
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-65624697

looking at those examples i think the teachers are not giving the kids enough credit, the answers were pretty straightforward unless you are really thick??? are you? i would like to see the percentage of children that got those 3 examples wrong?? the answers seem plain to understand at 10 years old.

Just now, ab6262 said:

looking at those examples i think the teachers are not giving the kids enough credit, the answers were pretty straightforward unless you are really thick??? are you? i would like to see the percentage of children that got those 3 examples wrong?? the answers seem plain to understand at 10 years old.

So you don't think that after months of it being drummed into them that "there is only one correct answer", they then open the paper, and it turns out there are actually two, could confuse a 10 year old child? 

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

So you don't think that after months of it being drummed into them that "there is only one correct answer", they then open the paper, and it turns out there are actually two, could confuse a 10 year old child? 

the answers are either or by the looks so if they chose either its correct !whats so difficult to understand.

where does it say "months of it being drummed in"

3 minutes ago, ab6262 said:

the answers are either or by the looks so if they chose either its correct !whats so difficult to understand.

where does it say "months of it being drummed in"

You clearly have no understanding of how kids of this age are "coached" for exams.  Or anything, for that matter 

It's alright folks, a load of teachers and the TES say the paper was tricky but Random Letters Random Numbers off a forum with no qualifications says it was easy peasy. May as well lock the thread.

Edited by HeHasRisen

So 10 and 11 year old children are upset and stressed about exams, and some people find this cause for gloating and celebration.

What is the matter with some people? Are they that unhappy that they have been reduced to this?

:shakes:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

You clearly have no understanding of how kids of this age are "coached" for exams.  Or anything, for that matter 

It's alright folks, a load of teachers and the TES say the paper was tricky but Random Letters Random Numbers off a forum with no qualifications says it was easy peasy. May as well lock the thread.

oh get a grip man, i know kids are coached and i know kids are pressured to do well in sats as it reflects badly on the school if they get low grades, so much so that when one of my daughters was supposed to take a sats exam  18 years  ago we had booked a holiday and the school actually wanted to send a teacher to the airport in the morning to watch over her whilst she did the exam ! they even said so our figures are kept............its the highest performing junior school in sheffield.

1 minute ago, ab6262 said:

, so much so that when one of my daughters was supposed to take a sats exam  18 years  ago we had booked a holiday and the school actually wanted to send a teacher to the airport in the morning to watch over her whilst she did the exam !

Got any true stories?

2 hours ago, Mister M said:

So 10 and 11 year old children are upset and stressed about exams, and some people find this cause for gloating and celebration.

What is the matter with some people? Are they that unhappy that they have been reduced to this?

:shakes:

my point is they shouldnt be upset, life teaches winners and losers, losers do better the next time or they attain to!

4 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Got any true stories?

ha ha go away think what you like