Radio Sheffield

Lots has been written about BBC Radio and they are sacking people all over the country yet so far we haven't heard anything from Radio Sheffield. Now we know this is what is happening.

Toby Foster is being moved off the breakfast show as he is not wanted there any more. He is not happy, but at least he keeps his job as he gets moved onto afternoons doing a shared program with BBC Leeds. New breakfast presenter is rumoured to be Becky Mesures.

Paulette Edwards stays where she is.

Howard Pressman sacked.Goes in September.

Kat Cowan weekend breakfast. Shared show across Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. This is taking the jobs of four other presenters and about 6 producers.

Football stays as it is.  Rest of weekend is shared with other stations.

New boss brought in. Despite the fact that BBC has made loads of bosses redundant, this one is brought in from commercial radio as he knows how to sack people. Simon Monk, used to be at Hallam FM.

Workforce distraught. 48 hour strike planned for June.

17 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

All BBC radio is going down the toilet fast and I believe TV is following 

If you are talking about merging operations it's already happened. BBC News and BBC World News merged the other week.  Local radio was rubbish before and will be rubbish afterwards so it's no comparison really. 

Edited by HeHasRisen

Just now, HeHasRisen said:

If you are talking about merging operations it's already happened. BBC News and BBC World News merged the other week. 

I know.   Im also on about the drip of your dumbing down , with the “celebrity “ culture drifting in from  ITV

36 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

If you are talking about merging operations it's already happened. BBC News and BBC World News merged the other week.  Local radio was rubbish before and will be rubbish afterwards so it's no comparison really. 

I heard that Commentary and Dissent had merged and formed Dysentery.

Also that Dire Straits and Chris Rea are merging...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m not bothered about Foster he annoys me with his giggling cronies in the morning but Becky Mesures is worse she’s so false calling everyone darling and her forced laugh at everything that isn’t funny I just turn to another station Radio Sheffield isn’t what it once was but football heaven and other sports coverage is exceptional.

• Like 1