Radio Sheffield

Foster and Pressman have both been long past their sell-by date.

Toby thinks he's funny because his co-presenter sycophants giggle falsely.  Pressman...Smashy and Nicie from Harry Enfield!  

RS music playlist...reinvent that, too.  It's tripe.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, steved32 said:

Foster and Pressman have both been long past their sell-by date.

Toby thinks he's funny because his co-presenter sycophants giggle falsely.  Pressman...Smashy and Nicie from Harry Enfield!  

RS music playlist...reinvent that, too.  It's tripe.

What to>?

17 minutes ago, sheffbag said:

What to>?

Looks like a varied mix of everything tbh, going off what was played on Toby Foster on Friday. Dont see the issue there.

However what I would say is...only 15 songs played in FOUR hours? Thats not right surely.  Paluette Edwards managed 31 in the same time period (on the same day) and Pressman managed a similar ratio of 23 in 3 hours.

Edited by HeHasRisen

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

Looks like a varied mix of everything tbh, going off what was played on Toby Foster on Friday. Dont see the issue there.

However what I would say is...only 15 songs played in FOUR hours? Thats not right surely.  Paluette Edwards managed 31 in the same time period (on the same day) and Pressman managed a similar ratio of 23 in 3 hours.

neither do i, it wasnt my original comment criticising the playlist. Im just interested in what people think should be on it.

Breakfast shows are a lot different to mid morning and afternoon shows across radio in general. Needletime (to use an old phrase) is a lot less as breakfast shows tend to be more talk related or have more features than a show like Paulette's.  

22 minutes ago, sheffbag said:

neither do i, it wasnt my original comment criticising the playlist. Im just interested in what people think should be on it.

Breakfast shows are a lot different to mid morning and afternoon shows across radio in general. Needletime (to use an old phrase) is a lot less as breakfast shows tend to be more talk related or have more features than a show like Paulette's.  

Hmmm... :huh:

It's probably down to BBC cost cutting!

According to this...
https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/how-radio-royalties-actually-work/

If, for example, an artist gets a four-minute track playlisted on Radio 2, the combined income from PRS and PPL will leave them £6830.40 better off before deductions, that’s £106.34 per minute.

It's based on old data from 2016, and is national NOT local BBC stations, so presumably it'll be considerably less than the figures quoted, but it's soon going to add up.

So just remember that every minute you suffer listening to the likes of Mr Toby going on about mundane stuff is saving the BBC lots of money! :hihi:

19 minutes ago, sheffbag said:

I agree about breakfast radio but 15 songs in 4 hours?! 

Just a brief look at other stations. Gary Davies did 33 in 2.5 hours this morning on R2. Greg James 39 in 3.5 hours on R1. 

Having a look at other BBC Local stations this morning though and the most I can see in the 4 hours time slot was 20 songs, so they must presume people listening to local radio love waffle. 

1 hour ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

It's probably down to BBC cost cutting!

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

I agree about breakfast radio but 15 songs in 4 hours?! 

Just a brief look at other stations. Gary Davies did 33 in 2.5 hours this morning on R2. Greg James 39 in 3.5 hours on R1. 

Having a look at other BBC Local stations this morning though and the most I can see in the 4 hours time slot was 20 songs, so they must presume people listening to local radio love waffle. 

not really cost cutting. Breakfast shows have always been low on music content at local BBC level. The national stations have a bigger audience plus there are stations at national level more dedicated for talk features than R1 and R2

At local level its meant to provide more local news coverage and local information, you wont find features like whats on my box or whos the mug on a national level and things like that, or local traffic and news discussions all take up time. 

Did a quick check at lunch on the BBC sounds site and the tracklist shows 17 tracks but its missing 3 songs in the first 20 minutes when the show starts (Swing Out sister, great song)  but it also lists Style council which isn't played in the show so there were 19 tracks this morning. couple of lengthy interviews and features as well this morning.