Radio Sheffield

27 minutes ago, shaash said:

Got to say the Breakfast Show which Toby Foster previously used to present is now terrible.

No disrespect to Ellie Colton but it seems above and beyond Her ,it's like listening to a School Radio Channel with a Teenager hosted it 

Nick Wilson who presents the News would have been better presenting it .

Couldn’t agree more….

On 12/11/2023 at 12:26, Baron99 said:

Tuned into Radio Sheffield for the news. Afterwards, some presenter called Nick Ahad, (never heard him before), plays 'Rotterdam' by The Beautiful South. 

Then there's the following conversation, clearly there with someone else in the studio.  (Ahad), "Rotterdam?  Is that a place?  Is it a real place?  It is?  I just thought it was made up." 

Where do Radio Sheffield get such idiotic presenters from?  Is there a special department? 

Nick is from Radio Leeds but is on due to the regionalisation of the BBC taking place, also presents on Radio 4 front row and is a script writer. Very talented guy.  

With regards to Ellie, she is finding her feet, stepping into the shoes of someone who has done a job for twenty years is nigh on impossible. She has to establish her stamp on the show. 

Its different, thats all, people will get used to it and she may attract others who were put off by Toby's style . There are always other channels if you dont like it.

Edited by sheffbag
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, shaash said:

Got to say the Breakfast Show which Toby Foster previously used to present is now terrible.

No disrespect to Ellie Colton but it seems above and beyond Her ,it's like listening to a School Radio Channel with a Teenager hosted it 

Nick Wilson who presents the News would have been better presenting it .

Yes it is and they've made a huge mistake letting Howie go don't get me started on Becky Measures so much false smarm she loves everyone and everyone is daaaarling then the false giggle at nothing funny as soon as I hear her she's gone.

• Like 2

When I've heard Ellie Colton on the odd morning, I don't mind her.  She has a very calming voice & as far as I can see, carries the programme basically by herself, unlike the unfunny Foster who still can't even now he's been moved to the afternoon. 

Another bonus for Colton is she's not the shouty, 40 odd year old but still trying to be a teenager, Becky Measures.   Ms Measures is like Radio Sheffield's equivalent of Smashy & Nicey in female form. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Before all the recent changes, most nights on Radio Sheffield after 22:00 most days of the week it used to be a guy called Russell Walker who played records & had a variety of things the listeners could text etc into & play along too & it was generally light hearted for a show at bedtime. 

Now for the last few weeks since the reorganisation of the BBC regions that have meant amalgamation of a number of stations, (it appears that everything in the North is lumped together?) rather than have music & light-hearted  banter, we've got some 'sympathetic' soul who tells everyone how 'brave', 'fantastic', 'brilliant' they are for calling the show. 

Just in the kitchen & put the radio on & heard some guy being described as being 'incredible' & 'thanks for sharing your story' because they told the presenter that their teenage aunty fainted at an Osmond's concert in the early 1970's. 

Pfft? 

Edited by Baron99
  • Haha 1

Why not have a game of  colton bingo whilst listening! Eyes down for a full house! 

Stewdiooow

Somet 

Nine e nine 

Firt-eeeen 

To name but a few! 

She has the strangest Sheffield accent ive ever heard. Ive gave her a couple of weeks , time to switch over! 

• Like 1

On 02/12/2023 at 18:50, hackey lad said:

No John Kane  Soul and Motown now on a Saturday teatime , moved it to midweek  :rant: . An upload show , whatever that is ,in its place .

John Kane's now on, on Wednesday nights, 7 to 10pm, unless there's local football coverage. 

Just add the BBC Sounds app to your laptop, tablet, mobile & search for John Kane.  His photo & links to his previous shows will pop up & you can download them & listen whenever you want. 

10 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

John Kane's now on, on Wednesday nights, 7 to 10pm, unless there's local football coverage. 

Just add the BBC Sounds app to your laptop, tablet, mobile & search for John Kane.  His photo & links to his previous shows will pop up & you can download them & listen whenever you want. 

I know but I used to like listening live . Football first then John Kane to chill out.

Edited by hackey lad