Chuggers!

4 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

I use Wilkinsons a lot . If you use your card they ask if you want to make a donation.

Fair enough. Some shops they ask you regardless of method on the self service tills. You can always press the No button anyway, and then its job done. Least you arent being blackmailed to do it like with the chuggers.  There is usually one in the Sainsburys near the Cathedral tram stop too.

To be fair thats better than what WH Smith did for years, which was try to aggressively flog you chocolate at the manned tills.

Edited by HeHasRisen

4 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

I use Wilkinsons a lot . If you use your card they ask if you want to make a donation.

Yes i was refering to when i use my card

I also stated that i dont carry cash so its generally the only option

In fact i dont even carry a card anymore....i use my phone to pay for everything

• Like 1

Just now, HeHasRisen said:

Fair enough. Some shops they ask you regardless of method on the self service tills. You can always press the No button anyway, and then its job done.

To be fair thats better than what WH Smith did for years, which was try to aggressively flog you chocolate at the manned tills.

Yes you press the No button but they still ask .   

3 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

No I meant they ask if you want to donate, then you press the yes/no button accordingly 

Oh. Well that's fine I suppose. I thought you were saying you press No and then they ask you again. 

It is not unusual t be asked if you wish to round up a payment for charity and I do not mind as long as it is open and transparent and I am not conned into it.

However this question was about chuggers and yes I do object to them and I would have thought if you complain to the store manager he will be able to move them off their property but can do nothing about it if they are on the pavement.