Are Letters Held Back & All Posted On Same Day?

I cannot fault the postman that brings the mail, they are spot on, reliable   in all weathers . I go for several days without mail.  Then they come on the  same day. Is this the new  system that management have decided on?:huh:

50 minutes ago, Janus said:

I cannot fault the postman that brings the mail, they are spot on, reliable   in all weathers . I go for several days without mail.  Then they come on the  same day. Is this the new  system that management have decided on?:huh:

I believe this is correct. Last week I got a gas bill dated a month previously saying that I hadn’t paid my gas bill.( I had ! ) This bill had been held back by the P.Office. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, pattricia said:

I believe this is correct. Last week I got a gas bill dated a month previously saying that I hadn’t paid my gas bill.( I had ! ) This bill had been held back by the P.Office. 

Why are you having your gas bills sent in this way, you do realise you are more than likely paying 7% more for paying your gas (and presumably electric) in this manner dont you? 

Edited by HeHasRisen

1 hour ago, HeHasRisen said:

Why are you having your gas bills sent in this way, you do realise you are more than likely paying 7% more for paying your gas (and presumably electric) in this manner dont you? 

Do you mean the bills can be sent to you online ?

3 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Do you mean the bills can be sent to you online ?

Well yes and no. I assume you are receiving your bills quarterly, for which you pay a 7% premium no matter if you are billed online or paper. 

Set up a direct debit and ask to be moved to Direct Debit monthly billing,  you read the meter monthly (or it sends it in if its a smart meter), they generate a montlhy bill, and they take it a week or so later. 

Who is your provider? 

Edited by HeHasRisen

30 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Well yes and no. I assume you are receiving your bills quarterly, for which you pay a 7% premium no matter if you are billed online or paper. 

Set up a direct debit and ask to be moved to Direct Debit monthly billing,  you read the meter monthly (or it sends it in if its a smart meter), they generate a montlhy bill, and they take it a week or so later. 

Who is your provider? 

Yes, and the energy companies estimate your monthly bills and can change the amount at their will dipping their grubby hands into your bank account.  And if you overpay don’t be surprised if there is hassle and delay getting a refund. No thanks, even with the premium.

Edited by redruby
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Who is your provider? 

British Gas. It’s only happened once, but would not want to read the meter myself or pay by direct debit. I put the fault with the late gas bill down to Royal Mail, so if it happens again it is Royal Mail I will complain to.

• Like 1