Sheffield Wednesday V Barnsley Wembley Final

Not a classic, not a red card, Tykes edged it for effort, other than not being able to hit a cow’s arse with a banjo shot wise, whilst our attempts on goal required saving, which all but one  were.

Scoring a cracking goal in the dying minutes of extra time to win promotion sort of summed up our Play-Offs performance, hard look Barnsley, it was just meant to be.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ukdobby said:

I didn’t think Moore was good enough to take us up but I was wrong.

As for the final thought it was even Steven,yes it was a sending off and I thought we got away with the penalty.

I've looked at the sending off a few times and it seems like it's one some would show a red and some wouldn't, I don't think he can complain too much. Agree with the penalty, dodged one there.

In the end Barnsley had a glorious chance to win it and fluffed it big time, we took our chance so they can moan all they like. 

1 hour ago, NERVY-OWL said:

I've looked at the sending off a few times and it seems like it's one some would show a red and some wouldn't, I don't think he can complain too much. Agree with the penalty, dodged one there.

In the end Barnsley had a glorious chance to win it and fluffed it big time, we took our chance so they can moan all they like. 

I think both were 50/50, going into a challenge with both feet up is putting yourself at risk of a red, he didn't really need to make that challenge. I don't think it was a red both players had their eye on the ball and swung their legs at it, the Barnsley player was side on to Gregory who was looking up. Barnsley missing the best chance of the game cost them more than these incidents.