Sheffield Wednesday V Barnsley Wembley Final

2 hours ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

Exactly that …& even a 5.1/2 hour trip back couldn’t spoil the day… 

Heard the telly licence people raided the WhatsApp gobshiite while he was eating JellyBaby. 

Never mind twitter put him in the picture.🤣.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, staninoodle said:

Its late, two footed, off the floor, and and its hard  thats why its a straight red all day long, its a leg breaker, he got away with a really nasty one in the 1st half as well

Not sure if it would class as two footed but it was definitely high, studs showing and dangerous so I guess that's why VAR didn't step in, they can't really complain. The Gregory challenge though I think we got away with abit, surprised he wasn't asked to have another look at that, other refs would of given it.

1 hour ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Not sure if it would class as two footed but it was definitely high, studs showing and dangerous so I guess that's why VAR didn't step in, they can't really complain. The Gregory challenge though I think we got away with abit, surprised he wasn't asked to have another look at that, other refs would of given it.

Couldn’t see from where I was standing at the time, but having seen it not two footed. He has done the old trick of letting the opponent get to the ball first and then top the ball . Straight red all day long.

A better performance in a showcase match would have been preferable but a decent enough goal just about spared Wednesday’s blushes. A great strike from Vaulks too but I knew it wasn’t going to survive a VAR check. It was my sad duty to inform the demented part timer next to me that the flag had eventually gone up.

Above all it was a relief to get the promotion because imo the squad as a whole is at the end of its road even for the pub league. I’d like to see a team built around Byers if he weren’t showing signs that he might be injury prone, but we’ll have to see about that. Whatever the plan is, a lot of hard work needs doing before the next kick off.

Of course what we really need is an ownership that understands the importance of a sound back room structure and knows when it hasn’t got one because things are going to get tougher now.
No more points deductions, no more late payment of wages, no more BS please Mr Chansiri or down we go again.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

A better performance in a showcase match would have been preferable but a decent enough goal just about spared Wednesday’s blushes. A great strike from Vaulks too but I knew it wasn’t going to survive a VAR check. It was my sad duty to inform the demented part timer next to me that the flag had eventually gone up.

Above all it was a relief to get the promotion because imo the squad as a whole is at the end of its road even for the pub league. I’d like to see a team built around Byers if he weren’t showing signs that he might be injury prone, but we’ll have to see about that. Whatever the plan is, a lot of hard work needs doing before the next kick off.

Of course what we really need is an ownership that understands the importance of a sound back room structure and knows when it hasn’t got one because things are going to get tougher now.
No more points deductions, no more late payment of wages, no more BS please Mr Chansiri or down we go again.

Agree with all that. Definitely needs a remodel this squad. Byers concerns me with his injurys though.

Il be back at work tomorrow, in Barnsley, Im gunna enjoy my work this week with my Owls t-shirt on after all the dingles gave me stick for wearing it last week  LOL bring it on 🤣

Edited by staninoodle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, staninoodle said:

Il be back at work tomorrow, in Barnsley, Im gunna enjoy my work this week with my Owls t-shirt on after all the dingles gave me stick for wearing it last week  LOL bring it on 🤣

They'll still have bottom lip out over the decisions so enjoy it while you can😂😂😂