Wednesday Fan Assaults Linesman.

4 minutes ago, monzaman said:

What about all the fans illegally on the pitch???

I don't agree with it, I'd never enter the pitch whatever the game. The majority that have gone on the pitch are celebrating rather than to cause trouble so I'm not going to condemn them too much.

Like you say though it has been put into law so they enter at their own risk however it's going to be the club that pays rather than those on the pitch, that's the main reason I don't agree with it.

6 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

I don't agree with it, I'd never enter the pitch whatever the game. The majority that have gone on the pitch are celebrating rather than to cause trouble so I'm not going to condemn them too much.

Like you say though it has been put into law so they enter at their own risk however it's going to be the club that pays rather than those on the pitch, that's the main reason I don't agree with it.

Exactly this, hence why United repeatedly appealed over the tannoy for fans to stay away from the playing surface.... It didn't fall on deaf ears thankfully.

We too found ourselves restricted by the SAG due to the behaviour of fans (breaching health and safety) at the rear of the kop stand. As with Wednesday, the restrictions were lifted in order to facilitate the promotion push / end of season celebrations.... Had we seen a pitch invasion, I reckon it would have been seen as a blatent kick in the face of the SAG... and we would expect large repercussions.

The worry is that this is probably going to be the course with SWFC. They are looking at a hefty EFL fine for failing to control supporters first and foremost.... But the true cost may come at the hands of the SAG?... They lifted restrictions temporarily for the club and the supporters have then gone on to do this. There has already been concerns raised as to safety, in particular poor stewarding / stewarding numbers..... it doesnt bode well does it.

I don't know how SAG will see it tbh. Our restrictions I thought were mainly the west stand, I'm not sure they can restrict it much more over the pitch invasion but I could be wrong.

Certainly a fine and hopefully 1 less moron in the ground, we'll see if anything more happens 

What I simply fail to understand is Why? 

It was a fantastic night for Wednesday, and it was a fantastic night for Forest when the moronic thug attacked Billy . It's illegal to invade the pich and the majority of supporters wouldn't do it. 

Although I don't agree with it I can understand young jubilant fans wanting to go on the pitch and celebrate, if identified they should be penalised but I wouldn't go overboard with that. Being banned for a couple of home games would be enough, especially if Wednesday go up and they have to miss the first games in the Championship.

But seeing your team win in an unbelievable comeback and deciding to attack an official, it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. This was a completely positive story about the club and now that idiot has managed to make himself part of the story.

Well Forest received a £50k fine for their pitch invasion where Sharp was attacked.  If everything is proved then I'd expect SWFC to receive a more servere punishment given that they'd pre warned fans not to go on the pitch & in this case it's an FA official that has allegedly been attacked. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Well Forest received a £50k fine for their pitch invasion where Sharp was attacked.  If everything is proved then I'd expect SWFC to receive a more servere punishment given that they'd pre warned fans not to go on the pitch & in this case it's an FA official that has allegedly been attacked. 

Strange logic where warning fans to stay off the pitch should count against Wednesday.

Forest only had to pay half the fine. 

15 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

I listened to what Simon Jordan said about it and while he said wants fans to listen and keep off the pitch he doesn't see what clubs can do to stop it, he's not wrong unless people would like that lovely perimeter fencing brought back to grounds as that's really the only way to stop fans getting on.

• Like 1