Wednesday Fan Assaults Linesman.

9 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

Strange logic where warning fans to stay off the pitch should count against Wednesday.

Forest only had to pay half the fine. 

Well the law about going on the pitch has been in place for decades but what's changed that's affected everything is the attitude of a tiny minority who might not just run on to celebrate but as we know, take the decision to go for an opposition player or in this case an alleged assault on a match official?  Some people stupidly think they can get away with this sort of thing despite cameras being everywhere. 

Everything was tightened up after that incident at Forest in 2022.  

11 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

I listened to what Simon Jordan said about it and while he said wants fans to listen and keep off the pitch he doesn't see what clubs can do to stop it, he's not wrong unless people would like that lovely perimeter fencing brought back to grounds as that's really the only way to stop fans getting on.

Well there you go.  It's in the hands of the fans.  Either behave & accept the laws, (personally It'd be a min £500 fine & a lifetime ban from me), or the fences might have to go up again for a couple of seasons but only at grounds where the incidents occur. 

Don't punish an entire division for the stupidity of a few fans at one or two clubs. 

Edited by Baron99

Employ enough security staff and make it 100% clear what the punishment will be for entering the playing surface.

It really is that simple other clubs have done it.

Wednesday haven't got a very good record for this type of thing, remember the Palace game.

21 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Well there you go.  It's in the hands of the fans.  Either behave & accept the laws, (personally It'd be a min £500 fine & a lifetime ban from me), or the fences might have to go up again for a couple of seasons but only at grounds where the incidents occur. 

Don't punish an entire division for the stupidity of a few fans at one or two clubs. 

So you'd rather endanger fans lives because not everyone listens to the warning? The fencing is a death trap and while I don't particularly agree with anyone going on the pitch I'd rather everyone go on the pitch before they got installed again.

The club will get a fine and if the fan did assault the lino then hopefully he'll get caught and banned.

1 minute ago, Alextopman said:

Employ enough security staff and make it 100% clear what the punishment will be for entering the playing surface.

It really is that simple other clubs have done it.

Wednesday haven't got a very good record for this type of thing, remember the Palace game.

How many security staff would you recommend to stop 5k fans going on a pitch? I'm not sure you can employ enough. Wednesday aren't the only club, I've seen it at many clubs. Barnsley fans did it last night I believe.

I agree fans need to listen and stay off the pitch, the club do put out a warning but not as simple as that if enough fans are getting on.

Well at the end of the Blades v Preston game, attendance 30,718, I'd say there were approximately 100 stewards on the pitch, 2 lines of 25 at each end, so I reckon you could get away with the same at Hillsborough but of course, you also need the cooperation of the fans abiding by the law or if not, the full force of the law coming down on them & the club taking action against them. 

Edited by Baron99

11 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

How many security staff would you recommend to stop 5k fans going on a pitch? I'm not sure you can employ enough. Wednesday aren't the only club, I've seen it at many clubs. Barnsley fans did it last night I believe.

I agree fans need to listen and stay off the pitch, the club do put out a warning but not as simple as that if enough fans are getting on.

The same amount used by other clubs who manage the situation well.

Make it clear what the punishment will be ans more or better security staff.

I've seen it work.

37 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

So you'd rather endanger fans lives because not everyone listens to the warning? The fencing is a death trap and while I don't particularly agree with anyone going on the pitch I'd rather everyone go on the pitch before they got installed again.

The club will get a fine and if the fan did assault the lino then hopefully he'll get caught and banned.

Well how long were the fences up before any incident took place? 

Edited by Baron99