Wednesday Fan Assaults Linesman.

Out of interest did Wednesday do the same as United and appeal to the crowd over the loudspeakers before the match kicked off asking them to keep off the pitch?

In Uniteds case of course the memory of the mayhem at Forest last season served as a warning as to how this nonsense can turn out. United also employed a lot of stewards around the pitch. 

Imagine how much this situation is costing clubs, all because a minority can't behave themselves. Every club has got them but it does need dealing with.

20 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Well at the end of the Blades v Preston game, attendance 30,718, I'd say there were approximately 100 stewards on the pitch, 2 lines of 25 at each end, so I reckon you could get away with the same at Hillsborough but of course, you also need the cooperation of the fans abiding by the law or if not, the full force of the law coming down on them & the club taking action against them. 

True.

SUFC have hugely increased steward numbers for key games this season.

51 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Well how long were the fences up before any incident took place? 

It makes no difference. Say they introduced the fencing again at Hillsborough, there was a crushing incident and one of the victims was a friend of yours I doubt you'd be like "well at least fans didn't get on the pitch so all's good", would you?

I'm not condoning going on the pitch and if any of those on there at the end got charged for entering the playing surface then I'd have no sympathy but there are other things that happen at grounds like racist chants, coin throwing etc that I'm more concerned about clubs getting on top of.

1 minute ago, NERVY-OWL said:

It makes no difference. Say they introduced the fencing again at Hillsborough, there was a crushing incident and one of the victims was a friend of yours I doubt you'd be like "well at least fans didn't get on the pitch so all's good", would you?

I'm not condoning going on the pitch and if any of those on there at the end got charged for entering the playing surface then I'd have no sympathy but there are other things that happen at grounds like racist chants, coin throwing etc that I'm more concerned about clubs getting on top of.

Well let's see what YOUR club does about it. 

The Forest fans did a fund raiser for charity on behalf of Billy Sharp.

Maybe  owls fans could do the same on behalf of the Linesman to show they're not all idiots.

Let's hope they read this post and show a bit of humility which someone said before is lacking there.

You heard it here first now go for it .

Edited by Alextopman

3 minutes ago, PapaLazarou said:

Sat in the pub watching Forest.

Amazing result.

Secured Premier League survival.

Joyous celebrations.

And not a single fan on the pitch.

Some people do learn from their mistakes but you can't educate Pork.

5 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

Strange logic where warning fans to stay off the pitch should count against Wednesday.

Forest only had to pay half the fine. 

Logic? Its criminal law.

32 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

Some people do learn from their mistakes but you can't educate Pork.

Remenber when they ran on the pitch and attack opposing players?....

39 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

The Forest fans did a fund raiser for charity on behalf of Billy Sharp.

Maybe  owls fans could do the same on behalf of the Linesman to show they're not all idiots.

Let's hope they read this post and show a bit of humility which someone said before is lacking there.

You heard it here first now go for it .

He slipped mate, havent you heard... KP said so must be reyt... 🤣🤣

2 hours ago, NERVY-OWL said:

You dont need a fence.... Why would you?

We didnt need a fence at the lane... we simply followed the rules.