Remembering Alan Woodward Today.

Alextopman

One of my all time favourites.

A class player he could score from range with either foot. He scored against Peter Shilton direct from a corner away at Leicester, Shilton said it was a fluke so Woody did it again to him at the Kop end Bramall Lane.

Terry Cooper of Leeds was England left back and a very good player, Woody used to run him ragged. Unfortunately for him he was at his peak during the time of Ramseys 'Wingless Wonders' so never got the international recognition he deserved.

10 minutes ago, pintor said:

Amazing corner taker,  never seen one better!

I've been stood with and then sat with the same group of friends for many years at the Lane. Many seasons ago I started one of them daft comments that gets picked up and becomes a bit of an ' in joke '.

The Blades get a corner and as they're preparing to take it one of us pipes up " When was the last time we scored from a corner? " at which another one of us ( or sometimes several ) says " Dunno, but Woody took it. "

Gone but not forgotten, our number 7.

Think he scored direct from a corner at filbert street once if im not mistaken, it was on TV.

He had a powerfull shot when he let go, they were like rockets

26 minutes ago, pintor said:

Amazing corner taker,  never seen one better!

13 minutes ago, m williamson said:

I've been stood with and then sat with the same group of friends for many years at the Lane. Many seasons ago I started one of them daft comments that gets picked up and becomes a bit of an ' in joke '.

The Blades get a corner and as they're preparing to take it one of us pipes up " When was the last time we scored from a corner? " at which another one of us ( or sometimes several ) says " Dunno, but Woody took it. "

Gone but not forgotten, our number 7.

GOAL - v Leicester , 18.9.71 Four minutes from time Woodward scored direct from a corner, which was won by Salmons. Woodward's inswinger from the left completely deceived Whitworth by the near post, and left Shilton bamboozled.

Edited by Alextopman