White Theatregoers Urged Not To Attend Play Aimed At Black Audiences

5 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Just to put this into some form of non teeth-gnashing perspective.

This show runs for 4 weeks.

In that time there are 29 different showings.  Dont believe me? Take a look:

https://www.stratfordeast.com/whats-on/all-shows/tambo-and-bones

White people are banned from 0 showings.

Black people are banned from 0 showings.

Just worth pointing that out.

Do people have the same outrage when gyms and swimming pools offer women only classes/swims? And before anyone says "waaah waaah waaah thats not the same is it", may I remind you that a) sex is a protected characteristic in the same way race is, and b) the theatre isnt actively banning anyone like the gyms and pools are.

They haven't "asked". They are merely offering a performance where black people may feel comfortable going, in exactly the same way they are offering a BSL performance, a sign language performance, a captioned performance, an AD performance  a "relaxed" performance (whatever the hell that is) and a "socially distanced" performance. Read above. Do you have the same outrage for gyms and swimming pools?

I’m not outraged by this and why would a black person feel comfortable in an all black audience instead of a mixed one. And for swimming or gym sessions some mainly female clubs feel safer.

15 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

I’m not outraged by this and why would a black person feel comfortable in an all black audience instead of a mixed one. And for swimming or gym sessions some mainly female clubs feel safer.

Ah, we are finally getting somewhere. 

• Like 1

Wow what were the chances that Sheffield Forum's easily triggerable right-wing cultural guardians were all booked to see Tambo & Bones on the same night, hard luck.

I'll accompany you though Daddy, a picture of my mam's afro should qualify me in the unlikely event we get barred. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Palomar said:

Wow what were the chances that Sheffield Forum's easily triggerable right-wing cultural guardians were all booked to see Tambo & Bones on the same night, hard luck.

I'll accompany you though Daddy, a picture of my mam's afro should qualify me in the unlikely event we get barred. 

Triggered

😆

Why do lefties always use that word as if it's a insult?

You mean have an opinion on something?  I love giving an opinion on things and so do most on here, it's what forums  are for.

Are you not triggered yourself to have taken the time to post your opinion?

TRIGGERED!!!!!

9 hours ago, Palomar said:

So if there is a play where only straight white men are allowed to come you wont scream Nazi?

Just be honest for once because at the moment your morals are all over the place

Edited by Jack Grey

53 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

So if there is a play where only straight white men are allowed to come you wont scream Nazi?

Just be honest for once because at the moment your morals are all over the place

Bingo.   But awaits " no one has said you are not allowed". 🙄

NAZI!!!

TRIGGERED!!!

WHITE SUPREMACISTS!!

i think INCEL!!!! is the latest buzzword as GAMMON is sooooo 2020.

😆😆

Edited by Al Bundy

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

Bingo.   But awaits " no one has said you are not allowed". 🙄

NAZI!!!

TRIGGERED!!!

WHITE SUPREMACISTS!!

i think INCEL!!!! is the latest buzzword as GAMMON is sooooo 2020.

😆😆

Shes a racist 

4 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

Where is this play on again?

If it's a play I'd be interested in seeing and they won't let me in cos of my mum's 'fro then I might kick off.

Have you been able to reschedule your Tambo & Bones tickets?