Star Delivery People

i have had the star delivered for years,now my delivery man of many years has moved on the star say all over where they cover no one wants the job,total disgrace we are importing vast amounts of worker as our unemployed dont want this type of work,we are cutting down orchards ,we are ploughing food in the ground,we cannot get shop workers ,why should we pay people to stay at home? why have we got youths just walking the streets all day ,in my opion its wrong ,most of you will say the wages are not enough,but universal credit helps and i always found it easier to get ajob if you have one, why are we not giving skills to those that need them? its a joke.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bassett one said:

i have had the star delivered for years,now my delivery man of many years has moved on the star say all over where they cover no one wants the job,total disgrace we are importing vast amounts of worker as our unemployed dont want this type of work,we are cutting down orchards ,we are ploughing food in the ground,we cannot get shop workers ,why should we pay people to stay at home? why have we got youths just walking the streets all day ,in my opion its wrong ,most of you will say the wages are not enough,but universal credit helps and i always found it easier to get ajob if you have one, why are we not giving skills to those that need them? its a joke.

Hmmm... :huh:

I suppose that's inevitable when people still want The Star delivered to their home, Mr Bassett! :hihi:

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, bassett one said:

This is the first time you've  mentioned this -  if you had said something sooner maybe something could have been done about it

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, rudds1 said:

Is the star even worth buying these days ?    

No it's not, to many items about fast food shops opening and bars, news already been on their website a couple of days previous, what's happened to the court report?  Property pages highlight houses in the £500,000 plus range, I don't think people who can afford these houses buy the Star. The so called reporters put streets and roads in the wrong areas, spelling mistakes abound and the never ending reviews on newly opened American fast expensive food outlets . The Star is the proverbial joke of a paper.

25 minutes ago, vmam said:

No it's not, to many items about fast food shops opening and bars, news already been on their website a couple of days previous, what's happened to the court report?  Property pages highlight houses in the £500,000 plus range, I don't think people who can afford these houses buy the Star. The so called reporters put streets and roads in the wrong areas, spelling mistakes abound and the never ending reviews on newly opened American fast expensive food outlets . The Star is the proverbial joke of a paper.

The million pound houses pages are a joke, The remaining Star readers have more chance of chance of affording a couple of pints of Stoneses than even walking in the places where those property's are .

The large cafe sections usually on Eclesall Road or some Yuppi  area  is also just the reporters in fantasy land .

i will be getting my star as normal i am told,but the cost does not work out good value ,so will be cancelling it and collecting one when i get my morning paper,but it is bad when we cannot get people to deliver ? they all want top jobs or prefer the dole. 

On 22/05/2023 at 19:10, bassett one said:

It's probably down the the terms/pay for the job.

Recently saw one advertised stating that it was £15/hr, 6hr days, 5 days of 7 . Delve a little deeper and it was on "self-employed basis" meaning that there's no job security & having to sort out your own expenses/tax returns etc. They supplied the van at a cost to the worker via rental. 

Everything considered that £15/hr dropped to about £7/8 per hour.

49 minutes ago, Resident said:

It's probably down the the terms/pay for the job.

Recently saw one advertised stating that it was £15/hr, 6hr days, 5 days of 7 . Delve a little deeper and it was on "self-employed basis" meaning that there's no job security & having to sort out your own expenses/tax returns etc. They supplied the van at a cost to the worker via rental. 

Everything considered that £15/hr dropped to about £7/8 per hour.

Thats scandalous. 

• Like 1