Star Delivery People

2 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Thats scandalous. 

It's the same for most delivery driver jobs. It's usually some smaller outfit that gets contracts from the likes of Amazon, Evri etc.

They recruit the driver and pretty much offload their overheads onto the driver (the van rental etc), take a slice of the income from the company then pay the driver theirs. Making the drivers 'self-employed' evades all the responsibilities under the law and they don't have to pay things like Employer contributions for tax/NI/Pension  

• Like 1

i have canncelled my star and just will buy as and when with my morning paper ,its wrong how these drivers are treated ,the systems wrong,like imported teachers paid a fee to do the job,fruit pickers imported and paid less,it needs sorting and our unemployed trained and recruited and such as teachers/nurses paid more so if you work its worth it,

13 hours ago, pattricia said:

At one time every family had The Star delivered in the evening. People liked to look in the Obituaries section to see if anyone had died who they knew.

I think turning what had been an evening paper into a morning paper wasn't liked by the readers, my family loved to read the Star after coming home from work and after tea.

Then suddenly the expectation of reading about the people appearing in court for being D & D and as mentioned the obituaries when it was safe to publish the deceased address without fear of getting burgled.

Edited by vmam