A Moan About The Def Leppard Concert Last Night (Bramall Lane)

13 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

To be fair, it's a very easy mistake to make, Mr Risen.

I'm not sure Flapper would agree with me, but...

... you do seem to have a habit of moaning on behalf of others! :roll:

I'd be very careful what you post Mr. Bloke........

Expect a hit man with a ghetto blaster turning up at your residence anytime soon!

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

To be fair, it's a very easy mistake to make, Mr Risen.

I'm not sure Flapper would agree with me, but...

... you do seem to have a habit of moaning on behalf of others! :roll:

My wife has no desire to join up, only fair I moan on her behalf. 

• Like 1

Guest busdriver1
3 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

No worries. Let me know where you live and I will pop round 45 minutes after your bedtime with a ghetto blaster and stand outside, sure be no bother 😘

What is it that gets rolled out every time the city is shut down for a sporting event? Oh yes........... its only one day - plan around it. 

Does that apply here?

2 minutes ago, busdriver1 said:

What is it that gets rolled out every time the city is shut down for a sporting event? Oh yes........... its only one day - plan around it. 

Does that apply here?

Not really, no. If you are referring to road closures for marathons/half marathons/10k runs those are in daylight on a Sunday morning/early afternoon and likely dont stop a significant number of people from getting sleep.

This wasnt a sporting event btw. You also make an assumption people should have known about it, I dont recall seeing anything on the matrix signs the last few weeks.

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Like 1

Guest busdriver1
3 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Not really, no. If you are referring to road closures for marathons/half marathons/10k runs those are in daylight on a Sunday morning/early afternoon and likely dont stop a significant number of people from getting sleep.

This wasnt a sporting event btw. You also make an assumption people should have known about it, I dont recall seeing anything on the matrix signs the last few weeks.

OK what about bonfire night / week / new years eve (insert any religious festival here) .

1 minute ago, busdriver1 said:

OK what about bonfire night / week / new years eve (insert any religious festival here) .

Bonfire Night is the same night every year mate. So is New Years Eve. 

If someone can link me to a list of concerts at Bramall Lane so I can make contingency plans for the future, I would be greatful.

Edited by HeHasRisen

Guest busdriver1
2 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Bonfire Night is the same night every year mate. So is New Years Eve. 

If someone can link me to a list of concerts at Bramall Lane so I can make contingency plans for the future, I would be greatful.

You honestly didnt know it was on? 

8 minutes ago, busdriver1 said:

You honestly didnt know it was on? 

It had slipped my mind until 9.35pm Monday night when the missus came downstairs moaning about it. Helped someone on here a few weeks back try and find a hotel room for their son for it but the date had slipped my mind and I hadnt thought about it since. It certainly wasnt on any matrix sign I passed the last few weeks.

Why would people be expected to know about it if they arent Def Leppard fans? Even just telling residents in the immediate radius wouldnt have helped, I am over a mile away from Bramall Lane and could hear it as clear as day.

All I am saying is surely these kind of events are better held at weekends, I am not saying they should be banned. Imagine if they held the 10k run on a Monday morning instead of a Sunday. Do the indoor arenas during the week and then the outdoor stadiums in residential areas at weekends, I accept tour schedules may not make this possible though.

Edited by HeHasRisen