Police Letting Anti Social Types Get Away With Stuff.

1 hour ago, Organgrinder said:

So, we all know what the problems are but, who knows the answers?

Respect for others and respect for law & order has been waning rapidly for years but neither governments, councils or police forces seem able to come up with the ability to do what they get paid for.

I would ignore the remark by the kids great uncle as, being family, you could expect him to be prejudiced in the matter - I would have been surprised if the families, in their loss,  were not.

Makes me wonder about the subject of Law & Order, regarding youth misbehaviour etc.  in similar countries in Europe.  Are we on our own and if so, why?

Good question. 

We seem to be noted for football hooliganism (or is that old news)

And our behaviour is not welcome in some Mediterranean holiday resorts.

Sometimes when I see the loutish behaviour of some youths I'm ashamed to be British.

Just seen on the news the family of the two boys who lost their lives are now looking to blame  for the tragic event but they should only look in the mirror, they bought the bike and allowed them to ride the bike while under age, now they smell money by probably trying to sue the police.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

So, we all know what the problems are but, who knows the answers?

Respect for others and respect for law & order has been waning rapidly for years but neither governments, councils or police forces seem able to come up with the ability to do what they get paid for.

I would ignore the remark by the kids great uncle as, being family, you could expect him to be prejudiced in the matter - I would have been surprised if the families, in their loss,  were not.

Makes me wonder about the subject of Law & Order, regarding youth misbehaviour etc.  in similar countries in Europe.  Are we on our own and if so, why?

Good post.

Regarding the bold I can assure you in Eastern Europe it's not even close. An example..... I was staying at my friend's house last night in a big city on the black sea coast and there is a supermarket in her neighbourhood open 24hrs.  At any time of the day or night it's busy outside with kids, old folk playing chess drinking beer and not once has there ever been an issue. My friend ( female) could go there and walk through the middle of a group of teenagers and not even think about getting hassle and she is very attractive indeed.

Another one.... A Bulgarian friend of mine has a teenage daughter. She got into a fight at school when she was 15 I think.  The police came to see her parents and have a chat, and still to this day ( 6 years later) the shame of having a policeman turn up at his house causes him extreme embarrassment. The police over there are police, not social workers, you break the law, you know about it!!

It's a completely different mind set over there, it's why I spend so much time in Eastern Europe. The UK is rough, proper rough and is only going to get worse, regardless of who is in government. Beautiful country ruined by feckless people.

This case just highlights the issue. We have people actually trying to defend these ******** who will no doubt have caused mayhem and social disturbance for law abiding citizens.  I despise them. You reep what you sow.

The balloons and t-shirts for these parasites was as predictable as the outpouring of fake grief.

RIP..... residents in peace.

Edited by Al Bundy
  • Thanks 1

On 25/05/2023 at 22:14, El Cid said:

The police van was following them, not chasing them, the bikers then went through bollards and could not be followed or chased. So the rioters were wrong, but they were always wrong.

It should be a person's right to travel cheaply with low co2, scooters and electric bikes should be allowed below 8 mph.

On  pavement (dangerous for pedestrians) ?

Or on the road (dangerous for the rider) ? But also potentially slowing down all the other traffic ?

11 hours ago, Longcol said:

Kinda worried about the attitude of the community where the lads came from.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-65726829

"Following the vigil, Harvey Evans's great-uncle, John O'Driscoll, said he accepted Monday's riot was wrong but said it was borne of frustration.

Mr O'Driscoll said: "They were just young boys. Everyone rides bikes and scooters around here.

"Yes, we find them annoying, but that's just what they do.

"But as soon as those coppers saw they had no helmets they should've stopped."

So parents shouldn't take responsibility for their kids, and a fail safe way to avoid being persued by the police on an e-bike (no matter the cause) is not to wear a helmet.

I read this and thought well he's talking sense ! The kids should have stopped.

But then it occurred to me he actually meant the police should have stopped.

Err no.

>>but that's just what they do.<<

Oh, so that's alright then.

Edited by Chekhov

Apparently,  the rest of the world are already using electric scooters and bikes,  quite legally.

Why are we always, the only country who's government can't make up their minds,  whether to legalise them or not.

I agree with Chekhov that, on the pavements, they pose danger to pedestrians and, on the roads, the riders themselves are in danger.

We hear so much about  encouraging cycling and yet,  we have no proper network of cycle paths.

When mention is made of creating more cycle paths,  many motorists,  even on this forum,  start on a anti cycle rant.

We know without doubt,  that we are polluting the air and polluting the planet and yet, everyone wants to hang on to internal combustion vehicles.

Decision time is drawing near and we can't have it both ways so what do we do, besides have a big, free for all, slanging match? 

1 hour ago, Organgrinder said:

Apparently,  the rest of the world are already using electric scooters and bikes,  quite legally.

Why are we always, the only country who's government can't make up their minds,  whether to legalise them or not.

I agree with Chekhov that, on the pavements, they pose danger to pedestrians and, on the roads, the riders themselves are in danger.

We hear so much about  encouraging cycling and yet,  we have no proper network of cycle paths.

When mention is made of creating more cycle paths,  many motorists,  even on this forum,  start on a anti cycle rant.

Apart from riding an escooter, are these young lads suspected of committing a crime?

If the Government legalised escooters, they could be regulated to a lower speed and when approached by the police, they would have no reason to speed off.

1 hour ago, El Cid said:

Apart from riding an escooter, are these young lads suspected of committing a crime?

If the Government legalised escooters, they could be regulated to a lower speed and when approached by the police, they would have no reason to speed off.

I agree,  and couldn't helmets - for kids - be sold with the e scooters?

It's easy to solve.

Ever more regulations won't do it.

It's a simple human equation. Risk versus reward!

Make the penalties ever more severe and crime and anti-social behaviour would fall overnight.

The criminals understand. They even have universal code between thm, "If you can't do the time, then don't do the crime!"

But in a nanny State, the criminals have as many defenders and advocates, perhaps more, than does the law abiding public.

Justice is nothing less than one giant profItable Industry for those involved!

Doesn't have to be this way!