Police Letting Anti Social Types Get Away With Stuff.

39 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Can no thread escape your obsession with Covid. :loopy:

It was relevant for the post made previously.

Covid, or more accurately what they did to us all, is undoubtedly the seminal event since WWII.

In fact, in some ways, bearing in mind wars (incl a world war) had happened for ever in human history, it may even be more so than WWII.

40 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

It was relevant for the post made previously.

Covid, or more accurately what they did to us all, is undoubtedly the seminal event since WWII.

In fact, in some ways, bearing in mind wars (incl a world war) had happened for ever in human history, it may even be more so than WWII.

Only to you.

I think you're barmy.

Good job you never lived through WW2 with all the bawling and screaming you do.

3 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

Only to you.

I think you're barmy.

Good job you never lived through WW2 with all the bawling and screaming you do.

TBH I think I could have coped with WWII better than the suppression of society they forced on everyone during Covid (a virus most people were not in serious danger from). Mainly because I could see the point of fighting for our freedom, though many of those freedoms were shamefully taken from us for nearly two years......

I think what is notable about this case with the two young boys who died is the contrasting stories between the police version and the eyewitnesses. And that is what seems to have sparked the riots. I'm reminded of the Hillsborough disaster and how long it took for the truth to out there.

The kids probably were scallywags, but that's no reason for them to die. Have they found out what actually happened yet? There seems to be a fair bit of class stigma being used to doubt the eyewitnesses. That might be justified, but I'm afraid the Police can no longer be relied on to always tell the unadulterated truth, particularly when at fault. They have form for lying to cover their backs, and I'm afraid that's done for their squeaky clean reputation.

That's where the tension lies.  

4 hours ago, Anna B said:

I think what is notable about this case with the two young boys who died is the contrasting stories between the police version and the eyewitnesses. And that is what seems to have sparked the riots. I'm reminded of the Hillsborough disaster and how long it took for the truth to out there.

The kids probably were scallywags, but that's no reason for them to die. Have they found out what actually happened yet?

The police van was following them, not chasing them, the bikers then went through bollards and could not be followed or chased. So the rioters were wrong, but they were always wrong.

It should be a person's right to travel cheaply with low co2, scooters and electric bikes should be allowed below 8 mph.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Anna B said:

The kids probably were scallywags, but that's no reason for them to die. Have they found out what actually happened yet? There seems to be a fair bit of class stigma being used to doubt the eyewitnesses. That might be justified, but I'm afraid the Police can no longer be relied on to always tell the unadulterated truth, particularly when at fault. They have form for lying to cover their backs, and I'm afraid that's done for their squeaky clean reputation.

That's where the tension lies.  

I very much agree with that.  The police are often their own worst enemies and cover ups have become endemic over recent years.

Does nothing for good relations with the public.