Police Letting Anti Social Types Get Away With Stuff.

41 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

There was a road accident near us recently , The must have been 20 coppers who arrived in various vehicles , most of em just stood around trying to look important .

Mean while crime across the City was rife while our mob were taping up tape to trees , gates and lamp posts .

Two or three could have done the same no problem .

I was once walking along the seafront in Jersey (Channel islands)

When 3 fire engines, lights flashing and sirens going, followed by a couple of police cars passed me and the wife...

They stopped outside a hotel, and I could see the ladders come out..

I thought to myself, ruddy hell summat serious has happened..

When we got closer there was a fireman up a ladder with a box....

He was rescuing a seagull which had got itself entangled on the roof of the hotel.......

Just now, RJRB said:

I would still like your thoughts on where from  around the world the U.K. could learn a lesson in effective policing of existing rules and laws.

It might be necessary ,but how is it easy?

Where there's a will, there's  a way!

But it starts with the will. And Leadership.

The will to treat criminals as criminals, and not as "victims" of society.

There's a debate as to what measures are most effective in decreasing crime, and I'm sure you and I are not on the same page. And I don't get paid for this  :)

So you are welcome to your opinion.

I fail to find any constructive suggestions from you, just the usual negativity.

So I'll give you the last word!

3 hours ago, trastrick said:

Where there's a will, there's  a way!

But it starts with the will. And Leadership.

The will to treat criminals as criminals, and not as "victims" of society.

There's a debate as to what measures are most effective in decreasing crime, and I'm sure you and I are not on the same page. And I don't get paid for this  :)

So you are welcome to your opinion.

I fail to find any constructive suggestions from you, just the usual negativity.

So I'll give you the last word!

You are the consultant to major companies and governments so I might have expected at least an example of the easy measures that could be taken  and are being taken by any other than authoritarian states.

Even then there are those who are not deterred

Lol

Words are cheap but the reality is a lot more complex .

I doubt that you and I are in the same library rather than a page.

😁

Just now, RJRB said:

You are the consultant to major companies and governments so I might have expected at least an example of the easy measures that could be taken  and are being taken by any other than authoritarian states.

Even then there are those who are not deterred

Lol

Words are cheap but the reality is a lot more complex .

I doubt that you and I are in the same library rather than a page.

😁

Not even on the same planet, amigo!  :)

But while you are thinking of ways to attack my posts, remember this:

I made it perfectly clear what my solution would be:

Once again, with feelling!

"Make the penalties ever more severe and crime and anti-social behaviour would fall overnight".

and

"Merely pointing out that stricter enforcement of your own existing laws, and increased penalties for scofflaws would decrease crime in general. To the point where it would not be viable choice of lifestyle. Where the risk is not worth the reward."

Still waiting for anything resembling positive rational discourse, except, and I quote:

"It's not easy!"

And

"Words are cheap but the reality is a lot more complex" .

What more do you want, a 2 hour youTube Lecture Video, with graphs? Sorry, I'm retired (and you couldn't afford my fees anyway)

It's a U.K. problem, and you need a U.K. Solution.

Last word to you again, (if you keep it clean, ya hear?)

2 hours ago, harvey19 said:

Detection is the greatest deterent

Yes it certainly helps, but wouldn't it be great to stop the crimes in the first place?

What happened to Youth workers, youth clubs, legitimate places to go and gather and do things that were engaging and fun, (with role models and a bit of social skills education thrown in?)

Youngsters with time on their hands and nothing to do, tend to get into mischief. 

Edited by Anna B

4 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Yes it certainly helps, but wouldn't it be great to stop the crimes in the first place.

What happened to Youth workers, youth clubs, legitimate places to go and gather and do things that were engaging and fun, (with role models and a bit of social skills education thrown in?)

Youngsters with time on their hands and nothing to do, tend to get into mischief. 

You've got it in one Anna.

Makes far more sense to stop it happening than to solve it afterwards..

We had all sorts of things to do in the old days and now there's nothing for young people.

I'm not surprised that many of them are angry at a society that focus's on only adults pleasure.

14 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Yes it certainly helps, but wouldn't it be great to stop the crimes in the first place?

I never went to any youth clubs or such when I was a teenager but knew the difference between right and wrong taught by my parents.

Youngsters got pride and belonging from hard work

Parents were proud to say they had never had the police at their door.

People were afraid of getting into trouble with the police.

We were not exposed to the things youngsters are nowadays on social media  and which become normal to them.

The big difference nowadays though is illegal drugs/substances.  If this was stopped a lot of crimes wouldn't happen. I ask the question why aren't the drug importers, makers, dealers being dealt with on a massive scale ? The problem has been allowed to continue and grow since the 1960s.

Edited by harvey19