Police Letting Anti Social Types Get Away With Stuff.

6 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

You've got it in one Anna.

Makes far more sense to stop it happening than to solve it afterwards..

We had all sorts of things to do in the old days and now there's nothing for young people.

I'm not surprised that many of them are angry at a society that focus's on only adults pleasure.

You seem to be in a better mood now than earlier today, Thank goodness.

1 minute ago, Padders said:

Bring back Percy Sillitoe...

He'll sort the buggers out.........

Frighten the frighteners by very basic means is what was done.

5 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

I never went to any youth clubs or such when I was a teenager but knew the difference between right and wrong taught by my parents.

Youngsters got pride and belonging from hard work

Parents were proud to say they had never had the police at their door.

People were afraid of getting into trouble with the police.

The big difference nowadays though is illegal drugs/substances.  If this was stopped a lot of crimes wouldn't happen. I ask the question why aren't the drug importers, makers, dealers being dealt with on a massive scale ? The problem has been allowed to continue and grow since the 1960s.

Drugs were certainly around in the 60s, but maybe not on the same scale as today. 

,You obviously had good parents, and benefitted greatly from that in so many ways.

Not all kids are so lucky. They're also much more vulnerable to peer pressure, and unfortunately live in areas where there are few alternatives to running with the pack.

I agree entirely with your last paragraph. I'm sure the police would point you in the direction of their successes. But there's probably a dozen failures for every success, which suggests we need more police, and particularly police focussed on these areas.

However some of the drug barons at the top of the tree are insulated from prosecution by wealth and friends in high places. They can afford the best lawyers to get them off,  pay bribes, threaten the lower orders and generally avoid what they regard as an occupational hazard. 

That needs to change.

1 hour ago, trastrick said:

Not even on the same planet, amigo!  :)

But while you are thinking of ways to attack my posts, remember this:

I made it perfectly clear what my solution would be:

Once again, with feelling!

"Make the penalties ever more severe and crime and anti-social behaviour would fall overnight".

and

"Merely pointing out that stricter enforcement of your own existing laws, and increased penalties for scofflaws would decrease crime in general. To the point where it would not be viable choice of lifestyle. Where the risk is not worth the reward."

Still waiting for anything resembling positive rational discourse, except, and I quote:

"It's not easy!"

And

"Words are cheap but the reality is a lot more complex" .

What more do you want, a 2 hour youTube Lecture Video, with graphs? Sorry, I'm retired (and you couldn't afford my fees anyway)

It's a U.K. problem, and you need a U.K. Solution.

Last word to you again, (if you keep it clean, ya hear?)

Bring back the Birch, the Cat, the Stocks and bring back Hanging.  Then we will see crime depriciate rapidly. :hihi:

1 hour ago, trastrick said:

Not even on the same planet, amigo!  :)

But while you are thinking of ways to attack my posts, remember this:                            RJRB

Nothing personal but I feel it right to question facile comments

I made it perfectly clear what my solution would be:

Once again, with feelling!

"Make the penalties ever more severe and crime and anti-social behaviour would fall overnight".

and

"Merely pointing out that stricter enforcement of your own existing laws, and increased penalties for scofflaws would decrease crime in general. To the point where it would not be viable choice of lifestyle. Where the risk is not worth the reward."

RJRB 

Which at least partly agrees with my original comment that we already have the rules and laws,but fall short on enforcement.

Still waiting for anything resembling positive rational discourse, except, and I quote:

"It's not easy!"

And

"Words are cheap but the reality is a lot more complex" .

What more do you want, a 2 hour youTube Lecture Video, with graphs? Sorry, I'm retired (and you couldn't afford my fees anyway)

RJRB

No doubt that would be right up your street,but count me out.

As for affordability....who knows?

A

2 hours ago, harvey19 said:

You seem to be in a better mood now than earlier today, Thank goodness.

Maybe it's to do with whom I'm conversing at the time.

Also,  my train of thought has much in common with Anna's,  and just about the opposite of yours.

1 hour ago, PRESLEY said:

Or Judge Pickles. :gag:

I conducted my own divorce    and     got  -

Would you believe it  Judge Pickles,   didn't even know he did divorces

Nearly decided to stay married,  and  thought I was going to need some clean underwear,   but he was a gentleman

Edited by Organgrinder

2 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

I conducted my own divorce    and     got  -

Would you believe it  Judge Pickles,   didn't even know he did divorces

Nearly decided to stay married,  and  thought I was going to need some clean underwear,   but he was a gentleman

He believed in the word deterrent. 

1 hour ago, PRESLEY said:

He believed in the word deterrent. 

They don't hand out sentences like he did nowadays.