Police Letting Anti Social Types Get Away With Stuff.

1 hour ago, Longcol said:

Have you seen a man get probation for sexually assaulting  (correct spelling)  a six year old girl recently?      I haven't so I may even still be correct.

I obviously, am not aware of every sentence that Judge Pickles ever passed and nor would I want to  ( I was busy working at the time ),       I also had and still have far more pleasant interests and hobbies than that.

I will not argue about Judge Pickles sentencing because 1 - I had no responsibility in it.  2 - He was regarded as a law & order judge rightly or wrongly.  3 - I didn't consider law & order to be a problem in those days

I do know that he often caused headlines in The Star newspaper and he was well known,  and it was well known that many miscreants were terrified when they found they were coming up before him.

That led to many jokes in these parts at that time and that will be why PRESLEY introduced Judge Pickles into  our conversation.

It was often said jokingly, that a suspended sentence was regarded by Pickles as hanging.   On our only meeting,  I liked the bloke and have had no reason to change that view.

Edited by Organgrinder

12 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

Bring back the Birch, the Cat, the Stocks and bring back Hanging.  Then we will see crime depriciate rapidly. :hihi:

Typical dismissive leftie talking points.

You don't have to bring back torture :)

Just needs a progressive, incremental approach to enforcement, like you do with taxes and Corporate Liability.

Meaningful fines, jail sentences, restitutution awards, confiscation of property. Liability for parents of minors, just like you do with owners of owners of attack dogs.

It works well with  Fake News, (Daily Mail, Fox News) dangerous and drunk driving, Everybody knows the risk of driving home drunk from the pub! It still happens, but it has become socially unacceptable compared to the old days, when we all crammed into the Morris Minor for a Saturday night outing to a Derbyshire pub.

So just like the "rich" and Corporate interests, you need to make  the criminals pay their "fair share" for the mayhem they are causing to innocent law abiding folks.

Two problems.

The Legal/Justice System is a $multi-billion industry, that now exists for the benefit of its practitioners, not the public.

and

As to root causes, where are these criminals, scofflaws, anti-social louts, vandals, bullies on the streets coming from, exactly?

A Teachers Union run school near you! What are they teaching there?

Just for a start!

Edited by trastrick

3 hours ago, trastrick said:

Typical dismissive leftie talking points.

You don't have to bring back torture :)

Just needs a progressive, incremental approach to enforcement, like you do with taxes and Corporate Liability.

Meaningful fines, jail sentences, restitutution awards, confiscation of property. Liability for parents of minors, just like you do with owners of owners of attack dogs.

It works well with  Fake News, (Daily Mail, Fox News) dangerous and drunk driving, Everybody knows the risk of driving home drunk from the pub! It still happens, but it has become socially unacceptable compared to the old days, when we all crammed into the Morris Minor for a Saturday night outing to a Derbyshire pub.

So just like the "rich" and Corporate interests, you need to make  the criminals pay their "fair share" for the mayhem they are causing to innocent law abiding folks.

Two problems.

The Legal/Justice System is a $multi-billion industry, that now exists for the benefit of its practitioners, not the public.

and

As to root causes, where are these criminals, scofflaws, anti-social louts, vandals, bullies on the streets coming from, exactly?

A Teachers Union run school near you! What are they teaching there?

Just for a start!

A load of long winded tripe, as always.

We  don't know the answer but neither do you as a rabid righty

3 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

A load of long winded tripe, as always.

We  don't know the answer but neither do you as a rabid righty

Relax!

It's only a minority opinion. Not a chance of it happening.

Feel free to carry on, regardless!  :)

Edited by trastrick

50 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

He was grumpy with me yesterday morning.

Some good points in your post.

Glad to know that you two can sort it out between you then.

When can we expect to have this new situation in place or have we got to shut down the teachers union first?

Are you another one who's going to keep crying because I've been "grumpy with you"?

You can always put me on ignore, as I told you before,  or choose not to answer,  or decide that the important thing is my answer and not whether I'm "grumpy"

It's like dealing with little kids sometimes.

22 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

When can we expect to have this new situation in place or have we got to shut down the teachers union first?

Are you another one who's going to keep crying because I've been "grumpy with you"?

You can always put me on ignore, as I told you before,  or choose not to answer,  or decide that the important thing is my answer and not whether I'm "grumpy"

That is just how I felt when I read some posts.

I am not crying but very happy with life.

I would never put you on ignore  as I find some of your posts interesting and sensible at times.

I would urge you to try and be less grumpy at times and "Always look on the Bright Side of life"

9 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Indeed it is!  :)

Claiming that sensible approaches to dealing with societal crime, and their causes, must involve bringing back:

"the Birch, the Cat, the Stocks and bring back Hanging"., as one poster put itand:

"Shut down the Teachers Union" as above,

Is just childish, knee jerk hyperbole.

Successful solutions are never a binary, "either, or" choice.

They are incremental, and innovative steps to achieve a desired outcome.

And, as the wise man says, "Journey of thousand miles begins with single step!"  :)

Edited by trastrick