Police Letting Anti Social Types Get Away With Stuff.

58 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

You cant lock someone up for a crime someone else has committed ffs. This is open to all kinds of abuse anyway, what if the child hates their parents and so does things on purpose to get them locked up?

What's your suggestion to stop the feral kids terrorising residents?

A while back there was a thing posted on YouTube about police tackling illegal scooter riders, and honestly it was very satisfying to watch... sadly now I think there's been a change in policy and they aren't allowed to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=807PIVPxpY8

Every single day round here there are scooters, with people with either hoodies tied tight around their face or just blatently no helmets, no toss given, just riding up and down our back road... up and down, in circles, up and down, up and down, all the goddamn time... just want to go out and throw a crowbar into the forks.

Also are the daily drug dealers, zooming down the road, honking the horn, then the guy leans out the first floor window and stuff gets thrown between them.... in broad daylight.
Got woken up I sleep in earplugs too) at 6am the other day because obviously his druggy buddy wasn't at the window, so the guy literally sat on the horn for a good 5 minutes.

Reported to the police, reported to the local housing office, reported to the council... nobody cares.

Edited by Pyrotequila

12 minutes ago, Pyrotequila said:

A while back there was a thing posted on YouTube about police tackling illegal scooter riders, and honestly it was very satisfying to watch... sadly now I think there's been a change in policy and they aren't allowed to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=807PIVPxpY8

Every single day round here there are scooters, with people with either hoodies tied tight around their face or just blatently no helmets, no toss given, just riding up and down our back road... up and down, in circles, up and down, up and down, all the goddamn time... just want to go out and throw a crowbar into the forks.

Also are the daily drug dealers, zooming down the road, honking the horn, then the guy leans out the first floor window and stuff gets thrown between them.... in broad daylight.
Got woken up I sleep in earplugs too) at 6am the other day because obviously his druggy buddy wasn't at the window, so the guy literally sat on the horn for a good 5 minutes.

Reported to the police, reported to the local housing office, reported to the council... nobody cares.

That's the only real problem with modern society.   nobody  IN AUTHORIY  cares

45 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

So you think they should be ignored ?

So easy targets, like people without insurance or whatever, should be apprehended, but anti social types (who are far more likely to cause an accident and kill someone) should be let off ?

How is that fair ?

And how does that encourage a respect for the law (from people who have a low respect for the law to start off with) ?

>>chasing someone to their deaths<<

That's putting the cart before the horse in a massive way.

They are not stopping, then are driving or riding dangerously.

And whatever happened to personal responsibility ?

>>annoying as it is<<

It's  a bit more than just "annoying". It is dangerous, and also, just as seriously, encourages a lack of respect for the law.

Tip of the iceberg 

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

What's your suggestion to stop the feral kids terrorising residents?

Well taking part of your logic, surely the simple solution would be to lock the children up, aye? The age of criminal responsibility in this country is 10.

Are you adverse to this method? Your first suggestion seemed to be to project the sentence onto the parents with no mention of the children?

In any case you can't lock up X because Y did something, a civilised society doesn't work like that. 

Edited by HeHasRisen

Why bother doing real police work when they can get away with charging a pensioner with talking to his mates outside his allotment hut during lockdown. I would be interested in who shopped him for this crime, unless our police have officers stationed in allotments.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Well taking part of your logic, surely the simple solution would be to lock the children up, aye? The age of criminal responsibility in this country is 10.

Are you adverse to this method? Your first suggestion seemed to be to project the sentence onto the parents with no mention of the children?

In any case you can't lock up X because Y did something, a civilised society doesn't work like that. 

Well whatever is in place isn't working is it.

Every man and his dog has had enough of these feckless youths ruining people lives.

Do they have feckless youths ruing people's lives in places like Dubai, Saudi Arabia and Qatar?

My advice would be to ask them how they manage it.

17 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Well whatever is in place isn't working is it.

Every man and his dog has had enough of these feckless youths ruining people lives.

Do they have feckless youths ruing people's lives in places like Dubai, Saudi Arabia and Qatar?

My advice would be to ask them how they manage it.

You mean countries/places where they chop peoples hands off (or similar, or worse)? Is that what we really want?

Edited by HeHasRisen

why are these youths not working? because they just go round selling drugs,anti social behavior follows as they have no fear of being caught and at the worst a cell with all mod cons,top food ect,no respect and the police are not intrested,if its illegal crack down hard.

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

You mean countries/places where they chop peoples hands off (or similar, or worse)? Is that what we really want?

Ok, I work in Eastern Europe quite often and I can assure you there is no feral feckless behaviour that comes even close to what the UK and America deal with.

The parents would be absolutely horrified if their children performed like our runts do.

4 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Would you want your wife or daughter out alone in the middle of the night in a city in the UK or in one of the aforementioned countries I mentioned?

Do you think your wife or daughter would be safer walking through a gang of youths in the UK or in one of the aforementioned countries I mentioned?

Trust me, I've experienced and seen enough to know which I would choose.

Every. Single. Time.