R.I.P Tina Turner

melthebell

Had a great career in the 60's with her husband Ike (not a very nice person by all accounts) sort of disappeared them reemerged in the 80's with a little help from the members of local band Heaven 17 who had her as a guest singer on their BEF project, her version of Let's Stay Together was fantastic. 

11 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Had a great career in the 60's with her husband Ike (not a very nice person by all accounts) sort of disappeared them reemerged in the 80's with a little help from the members of local band Heaven 17 who had her as a guest singer on their BEF project, her version of Let's Stay Together was fantastic. 

Nutbush City Limits was pretty huge in 1973.

My favourite Tina Turner vocal.

Not my cup of tea but obviously a great entertainer.

I highly doubt most people would be able to name more than two of her songs if asked, bit like Pink Floyd, folk say how great they were but can only name about 2 songs, but then say " Dark side of the moon was fantastic"

😄

3 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

Not my cup of tea but obviously a great entertainer.

I highly doubt most people would be able to name more than two of her songs if asked, bit like Pink Floyd, folk say how great they were but can only name about 2 songs, but then say " Dark side of the moon was fantastic"

😄

Dark side of the moons my favourite Floyd album, closely followed by Wish you were here