Sf Posters Age Group.

2 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

Mid 80's

We never had a house phone until I was 36 and didn't even have a bathroom until I was around 30.

As others will have already gathered,  I am still dinosaur enough,  to prefer those days to these though. and human civility, and good behaviour,  was still the norm rather than the exception.

Thinking about it I will have been in my mid to late 30s when we got a house phone and that was a shared line.

Things were so different thinking about it. When I joined the army the only means of communication  with home was by letter.

As a youth we used to ask the paper boy or girl to deliver a message. I remember being sent with messages to relatives perhaps a 3 mile walk there and back.

We had a bathroom and inside toilet as I was born in a prefab.

Edited by harvey19

1 hour ago, PRESLEY said:

I Should be 88 but Iv'e been dead since 1977,  my post are fiction of your imagination.  :hihi:

I've fought in 2 world wars and it's nice to know some of us are still going strong...

I'm happily retired now at the grand old age of 66.

My pleasure's now are working and running "Padders Bar"

The clientele in "Padders Bar" are mostly elderly with a smattering of young un's who enjoy us reminiscing about our wartime heroics.

Our lovable squawker "Flapper" is now 13 years young.

The youngest members of the "Padders Bar" elite are the World Famous "Baubles", who were given honourable membership as a thank you for their Christmas entertainment...

The "Baubles" were born and bred at the Mr. Bloke emporium of musical talent in 2021 and at almost 3 years old, are our youngest members..

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Padders said:

I've fought in 2 world wars and it's nice to know some of us are still going strong...

I'm happily retired now at the grand old age of 66.

My pleasure's now are working and running "Padders Bar"

The clientele in "Padders Bar" are mostly elderly with a smattering of young un's who enjoy us reminiscing about our wartime heroics.

Our lovable squawker "Flapper" is now 13 years young.

The youngest members of the "Padders Bar" elite are the World Famous "Baubles", who were given honourable membership as a thank you for their Christmas entertainment...

The "Baubles" were born and bred at the Mr. Bloke emporium of musical talent in 2021 and at almost 3 years old, are our youngest members..

Either you are not good at maths, have a good imagination or are older than you say!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tipstaff said:

63 next month and dreading retirement.

I have really enjoy retirement.

I started researching my family history before retiring and so finished work on Friday and was busy with research the following Monday.

You have time to do all those things you never had time for whilst at work and don't have to cram things into a weekend.

The big thing is not to develop the feeling of, what is the point of getting out of bed today.

3 hours ago, Tipstaff said:

63 next month and dreading retirement.

It's a fantastic time when,  at last,  you have the hours to spare to devote to what makes you happy,   although, it does bring home what you have missed in your youth whilst trying to  keep the wheels on.