Sf Posters Age Group.

i was 68 yesterday may 25th,love retirement ,but dont like the state of the body,i blame swfc as there burger van nearby by is tops,or is it woodseat fisheries and there dripping cooked food or is it mr kebab man or kentucky any way ,i am not dead yet,also supporting swfc is no good for the heart,anyway take your pick.

4 minutes ago, bassett one said:

i was 68 yesterday may 25th,love retirement ,but dont like the state of the body,i blame swfc as there burger van nearby by is tops,or is it woodseat fisheries and there dripping cooked food or is it mr kebab man or kentucky any way ,i am not dead yet,also supporting swfc is no good for the heart,anyway take your pick.

Tha might as well get this down thi neck then Mr. Bassett.    🎂

• Like 2

68 years old, retired and living in France  for the last 5 years - 3 double bedroom bungalow, half an acre of land including orchard and swimming pool, and cost well less than a terrace in Walkley.

Fitter than  I've been for the last 20 years since I packed up being a ref in the Sunday Leagues - gardening, chopping / sawing wood for the log burner in winter, swimming most days.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, melthebell said:

... I used to see it going down the wicker on the bus into town as a kid, with all the risque adult films advertised

Not a bit of town I remember much, but I do remember learning of the cinema's reputation.  Think it closed while I was still watching Disney films at the Classic, or a wee bit later.

10 hours ago, Prettytom said:

Pretty close to a bullseye. 😁 ...

Thought it was a cut above your usual posts :D .

10 hours ago, bassett one said:

Happy belated birthday!  I thought you were younger.

8 hours ago, Longcol said:

68 years old, retired and living in France  for the last 5 years - 3 double bedroom bungalow, half an acre of land including orchard and swimming pool, and cost well less than a terrace in Walkley.

Fitter than  I've been for the last 20 years since I packed up being a ref in the Sunday Leagues - gardening, chopping / sawing wood for the log burner in winter, swimming most days.

I thought you were younger too.  I'm coming to live with you, by the way.

There you go.  Two blokes who, from what I recall of their posts, I thought were several years younger than they are.  In contrast, there are a couple of prolific posters on here (who haven't so far posted in this thread, by the way) who I thought were crabby old blokes, but it turns out that both, like me, are solid Gen X and one of them is actually a few years younger than me.  Attitude not age, people.

Not many people under 40 on here though, I think.

Edited by Guest

Speaking of which...  The Mirror Has Two Faces is mostly a terrible, terrible film but Lauren Bacall was a goddess and you should listen to her:

9 hours ago, melthebell said:

could possibly be but i think he actually means the cinema lol

I used to see it going down the wicker on the bus into town as a kid, with all the risque adult films advertised

Another 52 bus using Gen X'er here, I mostly caught the 23 or 93 though