'Me Too' And Phillip Schofield

Phillip Schofield admits lying about relationship with younger ITV employee

Phillip Schofield has quit ITV after admitting he had an affair with a younger male ITV employee and lied to cover it up.

Schofield said he "met the man when he was a teenager and was asked to help him to get into television".

The TV presenter was still married to his wife Stephanie Lowe at the time of the relationship.

The TV host said he would reflect on his "very bad judgement in both participating in the relationship and then lying about it".

This is all very unsavoury (as my Dad used to say) : younger person wants some help to get into TV or film or whatever and feels a relationship with someone influential in that industry will help their career.

I wonder how much younger than Schofield the "young man" is.......

Surely it's also "Me Too" story ?

What's the difference ?

Though I will come clean, I think "Me Too" is blown out of all proportion.

Edited by Chekhov
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Phillip Schofield admits lying about relationship with younger ITV employee

Phillip Schofield has quit ITV after admitting he had an affair with a younger male ITV employee and lied to cover it up.

Schofield said he "met the man when he was a teenager and was asked to help him to get into television".

The TV presenter was still married to his wife Stephanie Lowe at the time of the relationship.

The TV host said he would reflect on his "very bad judgement in both participating in the relationship and then lying about it".

This is all very unsavoury (as my Dad used to say) : younger person wants some help to get into TV or film or whatever and feels a relationship with someone influential in that industry will help their career.

I wonder how much younger than Schofield the "young man" is.......

What's the difference ?

Theres a lot of assumptions in your comment

Shagging someone at work is not a crime

And hes already admitted that while married he was living a lie and his family have accepted that

This is a non story fuelled by people who have got bored of gossiping about Harry & Meghan this week

47 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

And hes already admitted that while married he was living a lie and his family have accepted that

This is a non story fuelled by people who have got bored of gossiping about Harry & Meghan this week

In a way that's my point, just like most of those "Me Too" stories.

It will be interesting to see the reaction, because if it was a 61 year old bloke bedding a young woman because "she wanted to get into TV" and he could help her, there'd be a massive outcry.

I am saying there's no difference.

As my Dad used to say, both are "unsavoury", but that's about it.

Edited by Chekhov

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

"Me Too" is about preventing sexual harassment and assault, by raising awareness and holding perpetrators to account publicly.

Has anyone suggested that the person Schofield had the affair with was abused or coerced?

Are they holding him to account by claiming they were abused, and talking about it publicly?

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

It sounds more like you have fundamentally failed to understand the concept of "Me Too".

1 hour ago, Jack Grey said:

It does seem strange that years after being congratulated for coming out as gay that his private life appears to be a problem.   If he has not done anything illegal then his downfall looks like it was caused due to a witch hunt.  The queue jumping allegations last September is when the negative coverage about him started.

2 minutes ago, Axe said:

It does seem strange that years after being congratulated for coming out as gay that his private life appears to be a problem.   If he has not done anything illegal then his downfall looks like it was caused due to a witch hunt.  The queue jumping allegations last September is when the negative coverage about him started.

Although I'm definitely not one of his fans,  I wouldn't let that get in the way of fair play🙂

1 hour ago, Jack Grey said:

How can a man shag a man ????? 

• Haha 1