'Me Too' And Phillip Schofield

4 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

Surprise surprise,  Chekhov is pretty sure what other people think AGAIN.

It seems to be standard , whatever the subject,  that Chekhov always knows what other people think,  and funnily enough,  it always turns out to be what he thinks.

Everybody is entitled to their own view but this doesn't cover deciding for others too.  Plenty may agree with you but plenty also won't.

OG, maybe he talks to lots of people when he's queueing for the supermarket toilets - not much else to do I guess

9 minutes ago, MJ01 said:

OG, maybe he talks to lots of people when he's queueing for the supermarket toilets - not much else to do I guess

Whatever you do,  don't remind him about the toilet.

I watched a replay when Scofield came out as being gay on This Morning a few years ago. Willoughby was holding his hand supporting him as he made his speech,  she said, “I will always be here to support you”.   There was plenty of praise for him and support from others to. He had just made a statement on TV that he was a closet house homosexual, I felt sorry for his wife.

If it’s true Scofield first met this boy of 15 at school who he later had an affair with when he helped him get a job on This Morning, it sounds to me that  he had been grooming him.

20 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

If it’s true Scofield first met this boy of 15 at school who he later had an affair with when he helped him get a job on This Morning, it sounds to me that  he had been grooming him.

Not if he was over 16 when they got together

Its frowned upon but not illegal 

I would want to know if the person I was marrying was gay, bi, or whatever,  marriage should be based on honesty and trust,  if the man keeps it secret from his future wife it is not giving her the choice to choose someone else.

5 minutes ago, cressida said:

I would want to know if the person I was marrying was gay, bi, or whatever,  marriage should be based on honesty and trust,  if the man keeps it secret from his future wife it is not giving her the choice to choose someone else.

You are correct.  Philip Schofield's wife was deceived.  When Philip Schofield came out as gay the media and his television colleagues who congratulated him  had no thought about his wife and the hurt it would have caused.  Now folk like Eamonn Holmes who publicly hugged  him when he came out as gay are putting the boot him.  There is quite a bit of hypocrisy floating about regarding this story.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cressida said:

I agree with your sentiments and feel so sorry for his family.

I can't figure out why it's caused such a stir.  A very ordinary bloke with no talent but the gift of the gab  ( like most TV presenters ),  who co-hosted a very ordinary to crappy program for lightweights.

Initial shock to fans I thought,  and then forgotten in 24 hours.  Turns out every minor celeb on the telly wants to get their name mentioned.  He should go and live with Harry & Meg  in USA. 

1 minute ago, Organgrinder said:

I agree with your sentiments and feel so sorry for his family.

I can't figure out why it's caused such a stir.  A very ordinary bloke with no talent but the gift of the gab  ( like most TV presenters ),  who co-hosted a very ordinary to crappy program for lightweights.

Initial shock to fans I thought,  and then forgotten in 24 hours.  Turns out every minor celeb on the telly wants to get their name mentioned.  He should go and live with Harry & Meg  in USA. 

I was musing about the 'gift of the gab' and how so many people on TV and radio have this 'gift',  a stairway to success but not always with much talent,  wish I had it but I can't make small talk.

49 minutes ago, Axe said:

You are correct.  Philip Schofield's wife was deceived.  When Philip Schofield came out as gay the media and his television colleagues who congratulated him  had no thought about his wife and the hurt it would have caused.  Now folk like Eamonn Holmes who publicly hugged  him when he came out as gay are putting the boot him.  There is quite a bit of hypocrisy floating about regarding this story.

Holmes putting the boot in ,is nothing to do with him being gay 

5 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Holmes putting the boot in ,is nothing to do with him being gay 

I did not intend to imply it was.  Eamonn Holmes claims he was lied to by Philip Schofield.  My point is when Eamonn Holmes publicly supported Philip Schofield after coming out as gay Philip Schofield's wife had been lied to since the day they met.