'Me Too' And Phillip Schofield

21 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Oh that's all right then! I'm sure the whole world will breathe a sigh of relief to know that you don't have a problem with fully mature adults partaking in age gap relationships.

The reason why lawmakers decided that the age of consent for homosexuality for men in the 1960s was because it was a compromise. You'll note that women were never included or even recognised in the equation.

Adam and Eve have nothing to do with anything. You'll know, being a man of a certain age that many couples cannot conceive of children, so why did God allow that to happen? Also homosexual behaviour has been observed in many species other than human.

The purpose of a relationship is wider than simply to reproduce. Lots of people choose to remain childless, some gay people have children or adopt. 

Interesting that when you're over on the Conservative thread, you never discuss religion in the context of various policies of the Government, and how they contradict the teaching of the Bible. Nor did you discuss Boris Johnson's personal behaviour in the context of the teaching of the Bible.

You're just another part time 'Christian' who remembers the teachings of the Bible when it suits, and when when it reinforces your prejudices.

There has not been a problem with older lesbian  women taking advantage of 16 year year old girls such as  happens by older male homosexuals towards 16 year old boys which makes your comparison null and void.

You have embarrassed yourself yet again by bringing Boris Johnson into the discussion. on a topic that has nothing to do about him.  Just to make it clear I have never stated Boris Johnson was ever an ideal person to be prime minister of our country.  However, unique circumstances enabled him to be chosen as prime minister.  I personally do not believe he did a bad job as prime minister. Boris Johnson was unlucky to be prime minister at a time of an unforeseen pandemic.  I believe Boris Johnson got the balance between protecting our citizens the best he could do from covid and keeping the economy running the best it could in the circumstances about right.  Boris Johnson has been criticised by those who believe he did not do enough to prevent the spread of covid and those who believed the lockdowns were unnecessary.  Boris Johnson was in a no win situation and the witch hunt mounted against him has been unfair.  

20 minutes ago, Axe said:

There has not been a problem with older lesbian  women taking advantage of 16 year year old girls such as  happens by older male homosexuals towards 16 year old boys which makes your comparison null and void.

And you know all this how?

You have embarrassed yourself yet again by bringing Boris Johnson into the discussion. on a topic that has nothing to do about him.  Just to make it clear I have never stated Boris Johnson was ever an ideal person to be prime minister of our country.  However, unique circumstances enabled him to be chosen as prime minister.  I personally do not believe he did a bad job as prime minister. Boris Johnson was unlucky to be prime minister at a time of an unforeseen pandemic.  I believe Boris Johnson got the balance between protecting our citizens the best he could do from covid and keeping the economy running the best it could in the circumstances about right.  Boris Johnson has been criticised by those who believe he did not do enough to prevent the spread of covid and those who believed the lockdowns were unnecessary.  Boris Johnson was in a no win situation and the witch hunt mounted against him has been unfair.  

Listen, if you're going to get on your high horse and quote the teachings of the Bible, you'd better brace yourself for plenty of valid criticism coming your way. If you object homosexuality on the grounds of some religious doctrine, then to be consistent you should also be objecting to the people who thrust themselves into leadership positions when they are morally unscrupulous.

The unique circumstances which enabled him to become PM are the fact that he took advantage of the discontent in the Tory party about our ties with the EU, and campaigned for Brexit, even if he didn't believe in it.

Luck has nothing to do with it. He wanted the job and got it. When you're Prime Minister you don't get to pick and choose. You deal with what's in front of you. And what was in front of him he was supremely uninterested in - as will become evident when Lady Hallett begin her inquiry proper. 

How he missed many COBRA meetings because he couldn't be arsed, preferring instead to spend time writing a book. About how he didn't want to be seen as "the Grinch who stole Christmas" so he opened up at the last minute triggering the largest spike in cases of Covid in the following weeks. And of course that he was in charge of the most fined address in the whole of the United Kingdom for Covid rule breaking.

Poor Boris. Always the victim of everyone else's meanness and pettiness.

Edited by Mister M

1 hour ago, Axe said:

I do not have a problem with fully mature adults partaking in age gap relationships.  However someone who is only 16 years of age does not have the maturity to judge whether a sexual relationship with someone 40 years older than them is in their best interest.  There was a good reason why lawmakers decided that the age of consent for homosexuality was 21 when homosexuality was legalised in the 1960s.  There was also a good reason why God first created Adam and then chose Eve to be his partner.  The big mistake lawmakers have made throughout the World is to bring in legislation to make same sex relationships equal to hetrosexual relationships in the eye of the law.  A same sex relationship cannot ever be equal to a hetrosexual relationship because same sex couples cannot produce children which is the reason Adam and Eve were created first by God. 

Oh give it a rest with your fairy tales about the mythical sky being. 

It's totally relevant to this thread and complete bull crap justification to your opinion that somehow age of consent should be much older for homosexual relations than straight ones.

You want to go preaching your homophobia and bible bashing claptrap go find a different thread.

We are talking about the actions of Schofield with the allegations of underage relations being merely one part of the wrongdoings.  It is wholly irrelevant whether the legal age of consent is 13, 18 or 25. The point that matters is whether or not it was breached.  

28 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Oh give it a rest with your fairy tales about the mythical sky being. 

It's totally relevant to this thread and complete bull crap justification to your opinion that somehow age of consent should be much older for homosexual relations than straight ones.

You want to go preaching your homophobia and bible bashing claptrap go find a different thread.

We are talking about the actions of Schofield with the allegations of underage relations being merely one part of the wrongdoings.  It is wholly irrelevant whether the legal age of consent is 13, 18 or 25. The point that matters is whether or not it was breached.  

The making of laws is related to the religious beliefs of a country.  The legal age of consent for homosexuals is relevant to the discussion because if the age had not been lowered to 16 then  Philip Schofield would rightly  be a person of interest to the police.

I am not preaching homophobia to anyone.  Are you homosexual?  

28 minutes ago, Mister M said:

And you know all this how?

Listen, if you're going to get on your high horse and quote the teachings of the Bible, you'd better brace yourself for plenty of valid criticism coming your way. If you object homosexuality on the grounds of some religious doctrine, then to be consistent you should also be objecting to the people who thrust themselves into leadership positions when they are morally unscrupulous.

The unique circumstances which enabled him to become PM are the fact that he took advantage of the discontent in the Tory party about our ties with the EU, and campaigned for Brexit, even if he didn't believe in it.

Luck has nothing to do with it. He wanted the job and got it. When you're Prime Minister you don't get to pick and choose. You deal with what's in front of you. And what was in front of him he was supremely uninterested in - as will become evident when Lady Hallett begin her inquiry proper. 

How he missed many COBRA meetings because he couldn't be arsed, preferring instead to spend time writing a book. About how he didn't want to be seen as "the Grinch who stole Christmas" so he opened up at the last minute triggering the largest spike in cases of Covid in the following weeks. And of course that he was in charge of the most fined address in the whole of the United Kingdom for Covid rule breaking.

Poor Boris. Always the victim of everyone else's meanness and pettiness.

Another poor contribution.

Edited by Axe

2 hours ago, Mister M said:

Oh that's all right then! I'm sure the whole world will breathe a sigh of relief to know that you don't have a problem with fully mature adults partaking in age gap relationships.

The reason why lawmakers decided that the age of consent for homosexuality for men in the 1960s was because it was a compromise. You'll note that women were never included or even recognised in the equation.

Adam and Eve have nothing to do with anything. You'll know, being a man of a certain age that many couples cannot conceive of children, so why did God allow that to happen? Also homosexual behaviour has been observed in many species other than human.

The purpose of a relationship is wider than simply to reproduce. Lots of people choose to remain childless, some gay people have children or adopt. 

Interesting that when you're over on the Conservative thread, you never discuss religion in the context of various policies of the Government, and how they contradict the teaching of the Bible. Nor did you discuss Boris Johnson's personal behaviour in the context of the teaching of the Bible.

You're just another part time 'Christian' who remembers the teachings of the Bible when it suits, and when when it reinforces your prejudices.

I always think the phrase 'having the painters and decorators in' makes it sound even worse!

" United's at home this week " 😀

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Axe said:

The making of laws is related to the religious beliefs of a country.  The legal age of consent for homosexuals is relevant to the discussion because if the age had not been lowered to 16 then  Philip Schofield would rightly  be a person of interest to the police.

I am not preaching homophobia to anyone.  Are you homosexual?  

Another poor contribution.

I must have been saying something right if you deem it a poor contribution.

I will congratulate myself with a nice alcoholic drink, a Thornton's chocolate bite, and thank the last Labour Government for quite rightly equalising the age of consent. :)

Edited by Mister M

1 minute ago, Mister M said:

I will congratulate myself with a nice alcoholic drink, a Thornton's chocolate bite, and congratulate the last Labour Government quite rightly equalising the age of consent. :)

:thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I will congratulate myself with a nice alcoholic drink, a Thornton's chocolate bite, and thank the last Labour Government for quite rightly equalising the age of consent. :)

Well done you. You have gone up in my estimation because I had you down as a Babycham or Snowball  drinker.