'Me Too' And Phillip Schofield

1 hour ago, hauxwell said:

There’s more than just Dan desperate for his story. He could make a lot of money selling his story and doing interviews at the moment.   

I'm sure Schofield has made plenty of money over the years, so much so that he isn't reduced to scraping the barrel and talking to Desperate Dan.

Though if he does "want to put his side of the story across", then I can think much better interviewers than some right wing no mark.

32 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I'm sure Schofield has made plenty of money over the years, so much so that he isn't reduced to scraping the barrel and talking to Desperate Dan.

Though if he does "want to put his side of the story across", then I can think much better interviewers than some right wing no mark.

Sorry I didn’t make myself clear, I was referring to the mystery man who had an affair with Schofield who could make plenty of money doing interviews. 

You are right tho Scofield has made plenty of money over the years.

14 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

Sorry I didn’t make myself clear, I was referring to the mystery man who had an affair with Schofield who could make plenty of money doing interviews. 

He would make a fortune doing interviews

And then the oblictory Loose Women, Jungle and Dancing

However, hes probably already signed a "gagging" order for a huge wad of cash from Phil & ITV

4 hours ago, Mister M said:

I don't see what business this is to do with ITV executives and everyone else poking their noses in, and offering their two penneth worth.

Are you for real?  

It is very much the business of the ITV executives. He was one of their prime talents and paid vast amounts of money by the network. In doing so, he would have been subject to their ethics and standards and regulations of which at worse he's breached with criminal behaviour or at best extremely poor conduct creating reputational damage.

He has allegedly been covering up his brother's crimes - which I understand is something he even conceded in court.

He has himself had an affair with a younger subordinate who he admits he first met when they were still a minor and seemingly started a relationship with the moment they they tripped over the age of consent. Therefore, raising lots of speculation and questions as to what exactly was going off in the interim.  Regardless of whether there relations were legal or not, I highly suspect it will have breached the company policies of inter-employee relationships and furthermore the obvious concerns regarding executive talents having it away with junior staffers desperately looking for a telly career.  Hardly looks great, does it.

He continued to make a rod for his own back when he proceeded to lie to his own family, employers, talent agent and even his lawyers.

Its caused severe reputational damage to one of the networks flagship programs and created a chaos for several other primetime shows he was due to front.

Its lost millions of pounds of sponsorship and advertising to the network, the extent of which is still to be counted.

This is just the beginning too. There's a whole injunction due to expire with even more revelation that might come out.

In other words. It's very much their business and also totally obvious that every journalist is going to be wanting to report on it too.

If this was any other celebrity on any other network, do not think Schofield and This Morning wouldn't be all over it like a rash.    Doing the interviews, getting all the latest updates, picking out all the salacious gossip....

Edited by ECCOnoob

24 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Are you for real?  

It is very much the business of the ITV executives. He was one of their prime talents and paid vast amounts of money by the network. In doing so, he would have been subject to their ethics and standards and regulations of which at worse he's breached with criminal behaviour or at best extremely poor conduct creating reputational damage.

He has allegedly been covering up his brother's crimes - which I understand is something he even conceded in court.

He has himself had an affair with a younger subordinate who he admits he first met when they were still a minor and seemingly started a relationship with the moment they they tripped over the age of consent. Therefore, raising lots of speculation and questions as to what exactly was going off in the interim.  Regardless of whether there relations were legal or not, I highly suspect it will have breached the company policies of inter-employee relationships and furthermore the obvious concerns regarding executive talents having it away with junior staffers desperately looking for a telly career.  Hardly looks great, does it.

He continued to make a rod for his own back when he proceeded to lie to his own family, employers, talent agent and even his lawyers.

Its caused severe reputational damage to one of the networks flagship programs and created a chaos for several other primetime shows he was due to front.

Its lost millions of pounds of sponsorship and advertising to the network, the extent of which is still to be counted.

This is just the beginning too. There's a whole injunction due to expire with even more revelation that might come out.

In other words. It's very much their business and also totally obvious that every journalist is going to be wanting to report on it too.

If this was any other celebrity on any other network, do not think Schofield and This Morning wouldn't be all over it like a rash.    Doing the interviews, getting all the latest updates, picking out all the salacious gossip....

Can he sing? can he dance?  No he can't,  you class just simply talking on a settee a PrimeTalent.  There must be a lot of Prime Talents in the World.   

35 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Can he sing? can he dance?  No he can't,  you class just simply talking on a settee a PrimeTalent.  There must be a lot of Prime Talents in the World.   

I class Prime talent as a person who has been paid by television networks millions of pounds a year to front several of their prime programs and earn them millions of pounds of revenue.

Yes, you are quite right, in theory anyone can sit on a sofa talking, but, as with all these things, only limited ones actually get enough profile and attraction to become household names.  There are thousands of singers out there bit only certain ones are selling out arenas and going on world tours. There are thousands of actors out there but only certain ones are earning multi- millions for starring in blockbuster movies.

Also, you might like to remember that prior to television, Schofield had years singing and dancing in west end musicals. So you haven't really picked the best example there to try and prove your point.

Edited by ECCOnoob

26 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

I class Prime talent as a person who has been paid by television networks millions of pounds a year to front several of their prime programs and earn them millions of pounds of revenue.

Yes, you are quite right, in theory anyone can sit on a sofa talking, but, as with all these things, only limited ones actually get enough profile and attraction to become household names.  There are thousands of singers out there bit only certain ones are selling out arenas and going on world tours. There are thousands of actors out there but only certain ones are earning multi- millions for starring in blockbuster movies.

Also, you might like to remember that prior to television, Schofield had years singing and dancing in west end musicals. So you haven't really picked the best example there to try and prove your point.

You don't have to be a talented singer to be in a west end show, your are taught  just enough to wing it.  Jason Donavon was intervied whilst playing Joseph, and he admitted  " I was fine with the acting side but as for singing I hadn't a clue, but was coached enough to wing it"  you or I, infact most people could wing it once your taught its not much  more than a school play,   anyhow Gordon the Gopher had more talent than Schofield. Michael Crawford gave the Producers and his self  the biggest shock when being auditioned for the Phantom on realising he COULD sing.   Vinnie Jones went from playing football to acting,  Brian Glover went from wrestling to acting,  THEY ARE TAUGHT Just like Schofield, its not natural talent.  So there for,  you didn't give the best example. 

13 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

You don't have to be a talented singer to be in a west end show, your are taught  just enough to wing it.  Jason Donavon was intervied whilst playing Joseph, and he admitted  " I was fine with the acting side but as for singing I hadn't a clue, but was coached enough to wing it"  you or I, infact most people could wing it once your taught its not much  more than a school play,   anyhow Gordon the Gopher had more talent than Schofield. Michael Crawford gave the Producers and his self  the biggest shock when being auditioned for the Phantom on realising he COULD sing.   Vinnie Jones went from playing football to acting,  Brian Glover went from wrestling to acting,  THEY ARE TAUGHT Just like Schofield, its not natural talent.  So there for,  you didn't give the best example. 

With the right coaching you could wing it and do a profession looking job of sweeping a west end stage.

19 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Vinnie Jones wasn’t taught very well.