Welsh E Scooter Victims And Riots

2 hours ago, FoxLady said:

According to the BBC site, the bike was a pre-16th birthday present - from his parents?

Four and half grand, some of the bike models, and capable of speeds up to around 45mph.

Some present....

Would not his parents therefore take some of the blame for the deaths?

And more with a little modification that is quite easy to find on the internet - an example;

So really a motorbike which shouldn't be driven on roads by under 17's - and certainly not without crash helmets or with two people on board.

12 hours ago, alchemist said:

Interesting that they had a stock of fireworks on hand ready to use against the police.  Its as if they were expecting a riot

Probably for some celebration or party, they spent their money on hype, instead of making sure their children are educated and ready for work.

12 hours ago, alchemist said:

Interesting that they had a stock of fireworks on hand ready to use against the police.  Its as if they were expecting a riot

My  guess would be that they had been bought in for the forthcoming birthday celebrations and,   it maybe, seemed the right thing to do,  to let them have their firework display.

Have seen no indication that they  were bad uns at all,  maybe just normal kids growing up in a roughish area and acting the fool a bit as youngster often do. 

They,  and parents,  have paid a very heavy price for a bit of foolery. 

Edited by Organgrinder

11 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

My  guess would be that they had been bought in for the forthcoming birthday celebrations and,   it maybe, seemed the right thing to do,  to let them have their firework display.

Have seen no indication that they  were bad uns at all,  maybe just normal kids growing up in a roughish area and acting the fool a bit as youngster often do. 

I guess riding around with no helmets on and not stopping when the police are around is normal behaviour then.

FFS 

Just now, Al Bundy said:

I guess riding around with no helmets on and not stopping when the police are around is normal behaviour then.

FFS 

And that's just what we know.

16 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Bang on at 17 I had a 500 cc twin motor bike , no  helmet no idea . 

1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

Bang on at 17 I had a 500 cc twin motor bike , no  helmet no idea . 

I had a 350 cc at 17 and wore no helmet  (They were not required by law in those days)  and I'm probably lucky that I'm still alive.

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

FFS 

And that's just what we know.

Nobody said that riding with no helmet on is normal behaviour DID THEY ????? 

Why do you need to keep tagging on  FFS ?????  Sounds like you are a fine kind of foul mouthed role model.

I suppose you would give them 10 years for not wearing a helmet.

What a staunch upright citizen you sound.  You probably beak the speed limits every 10 minutes,  but think that's not the same and the laws don't  apply to you.

I'm sure the Tory MP's you support have probably committed more crimes,  with more seriousness,  than those 2 lads so get off your high horse

Edited by Organgrinder

6 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

I had a 350 cc at 17 and wore no helmet  (They were not required by law in those days)  and I'm probably lucky that I'm still alive.

Great that the Government of the time brought in regulations for people's own safety. A limit on the speed of escooters would be a start.

2 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Great that the Government of the time brought in regulations for people's own safety. A limit on the speed of escooters would be a start.

Yes,  I agree, thinking back to my own wild excesses.

There will always be some who will ignore them anyway,  as with speed limits,  but regulation is needed.