Pub Lemonade . Is It A Big Fizzy Swindle ?

8 hours ago, redruby said:

Whilst this isn’t exactly of much consequence in the grand scheme of things, if they’re run out of  lemonade syrup they shouldn’t sell fizzy water with some dregs of syrup and charge for the  privilege.  Personally I probably couldn’t be bothered complaining but I wouldn’t go back again. 

Unless you want them tasting your drink …..they don’t know ….it happens ! and unless you take it back and say “ think there is something wrong with this “ they are non the wiser !

Unfortunately with fizzy drinks served in pubs and restaurants with the lemonade ones you can only tell the syrup needs changing is when you taste it. With drinks like Coke or Tango you can tell as it just comes out looking like water as there’s no syrup left in the box.

• Like 1

On 27/05/2023 at 21:20, GinTreeS7 said:

I recently got a pub lemonade , large with ice, in a  Sheffield pub .. I won't say where but it was VERY close to Sheffield railway station and it tasted well weird ...hardly any taste of lemon and a sour watery taste , sort of like a lot of aspartame and petrol or something  ...I thought lemonade was sparkling water and GENUINE lemon ?

Has anyone else had a similar experience recently... and is this the norm now for pub lemonade ?

Maybe they are hoping that when people mix it in a shandy that the punters will not notice as it will then be masked by the aweful taste of beer ??

For goodness sake just come out and say it was the Sheffield Tap.