Insomnia.

Well its three in the morning and not a wink of sleep . I have listened to radio 4, 4extra and 5 , read a book called God is dead and mashed a cuppa but still wide awake . 

The early morning glow will soon be creeping up over the roof tops and then the bleedin birds will start chirpin .

Life gets tedious don't it .

3 hours ago, cuttsie said:

Well its three in the morning and not a wink of sleep . I have listened to radio 4, 4extra and 5 , read a book called God is dead and mashed a cuppa but still wide awake . 

The early morning glow will soon be creeping up over the roof tops and then the bleedin birds will start chirpin .

Life gets tedious don't it .

Me too Cuttsie.

Here, it's 2.30 am, and I'm wide awake and rarin to go!

I long ago stopped being a slave to the clock.

I listen to my body, and "eat when I'm hungry, drink when I'm dry, and if god don't take me, I'll live till I die!"  :)

But I do get my 6-8 hours of sleep in every day. Just at odd hours to most folks.

Whatever works for you!

31 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Me too Cuttsie.

Here, it's 2.30 am, and I'm wide awake and rarin to go!

I long ago stopped being a slave to the clock.

I listen to my body, and "eat when I'm hungry, drink when I'm dry, and if god don't take me, I'll live till I die!"  :)

But I do get my 6-8 hours of sleep in every day. Just at odd hours to most folks.

Whatever works for you!

Have a good un  Trasty . Up the Owls , Have they got a TV in your local .

5  hours for me Cuttsie and that's my lot.  Does get boring . I sometimes have radio programmes on. We don't get chirping birds so much here  it's nearly all cooing pigeons but I reckon it's easier on the ear holes than chirping, and if anyone knows why this thing has started printing in thick black please tell?

• Like 1

You could try the mild sleeping tablet Diphenhydramine, the Boots version is called Sleepease. It says take two but I just take one every now and then. I also recommend a blackout curtain, doing plenty of daytime activity, and nonfiction audiobooks in one ear only.

• Like 2

Just now, cuttsie said:

Have a good un  Trasty . Up the Owls , Have they got a TV in your local .

Yep they do.

Looking forward to the Blades burning up the Premiership again, before doing what they do best :)

The Haitian family that run the bar have money and connections.

I told him with United games on TV it was almost perfect. He said, why "almost?" and I said no Guinness. He said no problem, I'll get you some.

Now Guinness drinkers know that they are very picky about how their pint is transported, stored and served. The DR  is not approved. So I said good luck with that.

Last week he proudly puts a stubby bottle in front of me. Says on the label Guinness "special export".

But wait, it also says 7.5% alcohol, when the traditional brew is around 4.2, so not the same stuff!

But a little experimental mix with local Presidente Lite in a proper glass, and it tastes like a real pint, color, head, and body.

I love my DR.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cressida said:

My laptop sometimes goes into darker print,  and italics,  all very mysterious.

Insomnia?  Perhaps some kind of exercise whilst lying in bed would sort it!

2 minutes ago, cressida said:

My laptop sometimes goes into darker print,  and italics,  all very mysterious.

Insomnia?  Perhaps some kind of exercise whilst lying in bed would sort it!

Would a team game be the the best or a lone toss and turn under the blanket .

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Yep they do.

Looking forward to the Blades burning up the Premiership again, before doing what they do best :)

The Haitian family that run the bar have money and connections.

I told him with United games on TV it was almost perfect. He said, why "almost?" and I said no Guinness. He said no problem, I'll get you some.

Now Guinness drinkers know that they are very picky about how their pint is transported, stored and served. The DR  is not approved. So I said good luck with that.

Last week he proudly puts a stubby bottle in front of me. Says on the label Guinness "special export".

But wait, it also says 7.5% alcohol, when the traditional brew is around 4.2, so not the same stuff!

But a little experimental mix with local Presidente Lite in a proper glass, and it tastes like a real pint, color, head, and body.

I love my DR.

Good luck to Blades in rip off league , They will need it playing against teams that buy success , Like Newcastle , Man City and and around four more , Perhaps the blades may join em eh!!!!!!.