Wednesday Parade For Winning 3rd Tier Play Off.

Alextopman

How United were ridiculed for getting a trophy and celebrating automatic promotion into the best league in the world.

Now Wednesday are having a parade for getting into the league we got promoted from comfortably.

I think they deserve it but would love to hear from the hypocrites who slagged us but will celebrate tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Alextopman said:

How United were ridiculed for getting a trophy and celebrating automatic promotion into the best league in the world.

Now Wednesday are having a parade for getting into the league we got promoted from comfortably.

I think they deserve it but would love to hear from the hypocrites who slagged us but will celebrate tomorrow.

It’s a ridiculous idea.

A parade for coming second in division two is bad enough. 

One for coming third in division 3 is properly daft.

7 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

It’s a ridiculous idea.

A parade for coming second in division two is bad enough. 

One for coming third in division 3 is properly daft.

Let's be fair the parade isn't for coming third in division 3 it's for promotion to the championship. Alextopman is commenting because of the reaction from some to the Blades having a parade.

Personally I think there's been enough bad days for both Sheffield clubs over the years so it's nice to have something to cheer about. It's not my cup of tea, I go to watch the Blades with my mates but didn't go to the parade.

It's harmless enough and good luck to those who enjoy that kind of thing. Hope it keeps fine for them.

• Like 1

Just now, m williamson said:

Let's be fair the parade isn't for coming third in division 3 it's for promotion to the championship. Alextopman is commenting because of the reaction from some to the Blades having a parade.

Personally I think there's been enough bad days for both Sheffield clubs over the years so it's nice to have something to cheer about. It's not my cup of tea, I go to watch the Blades with my mates but didn't go to the parade.

It's harmless enough and good luck to those who enjoy that kind of thing. Hope it keeps fine for them.

We had a victory parade yesterday though. 

Half an hour of turning Wembley into a version of Ibiza..

I’m still recovering. 

5 minutes ago, m williamson said:

Exactly. Promotion by winning the league or playoffs is the same. It's a chance for the fans that couldn't get to Wembley to celebrate the promotion. I think it was more the trophy than parade United were getting mocked about.

Just now, Prettytom said:

We had a victory parade yesterday though. 

Half an hour of turning Wembley into a version of Ibiza..

I’m still recovering. 

Happy for you, the one in Sheffield is for those who couldn't attend for one reason or another. Although I was listening to Talksport this morning while Chansiri was being interviewed and the interviewer said to him that every Wednesday supporter in the world was at Wembley yesterday and Chansiri agreed with him! 😮

Doesn't he realise that you lot are by far the biggest and most supported club in the world? 🤣

Enjoy the second parade if your heads recovered.

4 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

I think it was more the trophy than parade United were getting mocked about.

No trophy for finishing third in the third division then?

55 minutes ago, m williamson said:

Happy for you, the one in Sheffield is for those who couldn't attend for one reason or another. Although I was listening to Talksport this morning while Chansiri was being interviewed and the interviewer said to him that every Wednesday supporter in the world was at Wembley yesterday and Chansiri agreed with him! 😮

Doesn't he realise that you lot are by far the biggest and most supported club in the world? 🤣

Enjoy the second parade if your heads recovered.

No trophy for finishing third in the third division then?

Yes you do, that's why I defended it when it came up as you can get a trophy for finishing 1st down to 6th, unless your second then it's nothing, that's why I kind of get why they give a trophy to 2nd place now.

I just mean I don't think the parade as such was mentioned, more the trophy part but I could be mistaken.