Wednesday Parade For Winning 3rd Tier Play Off.

Alextopman

5 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

Yep. They were right when all said and done. 2nd shouldn't get a trophy.

The 4 club cup shouldn't exist. Was it introduced to help pay for the New Wembley, or am I miles out?

Wembley still hasn't been paid for it will be in 2024.

The new Wembley Stadium was funded by the Football Association (FA), which secured huge loans for the project. The funding also came from Lottery-funded Sport England, which paid £120 million, the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport which put up £20 million, and the London Development Agency, which contributed £21 million 1. The total cost of the stadium was £757 million 2.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

So, to sum up. Only the Champions are Promoted. Only the bottom club goes down. It's a harsh World, but that's the only sensible conclusion.

That’s a step too far imo, makes it too easy to avoid relegation. Perhaps we should go back 50 years to when only the champions and runners up were promoted.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alextopman said:

The last time Wednesday won the play offs they didn't get a trophy, well not from the football league.

It's ironic that this debate comes from an owl posting second place should not get a trophy but now thinks 3rd, 4th, 5th, or 6th should if they win a play offs for what is in fact not being good enough.

Last time Wednesday went up via the Play Offs they did get a trophy presented at the game..

43 minutes ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

Last time Wednesday went up via the Play Offs they did get a trophy presented at the game..

Stand corrected if true, was told it was provided by Sheffield Council.

Edit.

Looks like they did.

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/uploads/monthly_2020_06/118380203_Screenshot2020-06-26at14_41_13.jpg.df45f00bf9f7327fd9b4f440ec0bf895.jpg

Edited by Alextopman

6 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

Stand corrected if true, was told it was provided by Sheffield Council.

Think that was  when Wednesday got automatic promotion in 2011/12 season..& the Council held a civic reception & came up with a trophy to be presented….

2 hours ago, Alextopman said:

I did say 'to help pay for it'.

At the time, I thought that's why new revenue was created.

Likewise semi finals at Wembley.

What's all that abaht?

1 hour ago, Jim Hardie said:

That’s a step too far imo, makes it too easy to avoid relegation. Perhaps we should go back 50 years to when only the champions and runners up were promoted.

I don't get your 'too easy' point.

Please explain your reasoning.

I genuinely don't get it.

Edited by Hotmale 1954

While I'm at it, is anyone else peed off with adverts on here covering up the text whilst you're  typing it on your phone? The gap between the ads and the typing is miniscule.

Pees me off!

Edited by Hotmale 1954

1 hour ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

I don't get your 'too easy' point.

Please explain your reasoning.

I genuinely don't get it.

If one club goes down it’s easier to stay up than if two clubs or three clubs go down.

Take this year for instance, Everton, Leeds and Leicester had to fight it out down to the last day. They would have all been on the beach if it was only Southampton for the drop and there have been seasons when the bottom club has already been relegated with even more games to go.