Re The Pc Brigade-Can We Still Use The Term   'Chinese Whispers'?

Curiousity got the better of me and so I thought I should ask on one of the UK's top forums. I don't know how the term came to be. I've never heard any of these whispers from our oriental friends. I'm a bit 'hard of hearing'. Apparently the government of the USA are listening to China, but I don't know if they have heard anything either.

I go in their chip shops and they don't talk in whispers. I ordered chips and gravy. He said in a fast voice, "You want Fok & tray I said what? He then said in a loud voice, "DO YOU WANT FORK AND TRAY" !!!

So what is the situation?

12 minutes ago, mart said:

Curiousity got the better of me and so I thought I should ask on one of the UK's top forums. I don't know how the term came to be. I've never heard any of these whispers from our oriental friends. I'm a bit 'hard of hearing'. Apparently the government of the USA are listening to China, but I don't know if they have heard anything either.

I go in their chip shops and they don't talk in whispers. I ordered chips and gravy. He said in a fast voice, "You want Fok & tray I said what? He then said in a loud voice, "DO YOU WANT FORK AND TRAY" !!!

Well I'm sure on a covert level the Chinese Government listen to America, just as the American's listen to the Chinese. Wasn't there something about balloons being shot down overt he Atlantic recently?

I won't mind if you use the term Chinese whispers.

I know you mentioned that you're hard of hearing, but I've not heard anyone say that you shouldn't use the term.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, mart said:

:hihi:

Wasted on the usual suspects! ;)