I Need  Phone Advice For Long Term Banking Use.

Janus

1 hour ago, Thirsty Relic said:

You asked for advice - Dont do it!

I liked the fact that I could keep tabs on my spending without statements, and not having to faff about logging in online. With the phone it is just enter 6 numbers and I'm in to the app.

Why do you say don't?

2 hours ago, Pyrotequila said:

What's your budget for starters? So we can suggest some phones.

Up to £100 I am estimating , cash

10 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

I was thinking of maybe  a  2nd hand Samsung. I cannot think clearly enough myself, hence asking for guidence.

2 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Ideally you need one with a 64 bit processor rather than a 32. Also we need an idea of how much you are prepared to spend (as above) 

I have heard of 32 bit and 64 with PC. I don't know about that with phone. 

3 minutes ago, Janus said:

I was thinking of maybe  a  2nd hand Samsung. I cannot think clearly enough myself, hence asking for guidence.

You wont get much for £100

My S23 Ultra was £1400

Edited by Jack Grey

8 hours ago, Janus said:

I have heard of 32 bit and 64 with PC. I don't know about that with phone. 

Some banking apps now no longer work on phones that only have a 32 bit processor so in terms of future proofing you would need a 64 bit one. It will be in the spec of the phone when you buy it, check before you hand cash over 

• Like 1

I would start by asking what else you want to use the phone for and then I would walk round some of the phone shops in town and ask the same question there and see what the consensus is - hopefully some will offer advise rather than try and sell you something you don't need

a cheap new phone may be better than a second hand one depending on what you want from it

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

You wont get much for £100

My S23 Ultra was £1400

Ok, thank you. The £100 figure was in respect of a second hand phone. I can afford the phone that is needed , I just don't know which is needed

4 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Some banking apps now no longer work on phones that only have a 32 bit processor so in terms of future proofing you would need a 64 bit one. It will be in the spec of the phone when you buy it, check before you hand cash over 

I didn't know that . Thank you for advising me. I wonder  if the bank has a tech dept that can tell if I need 64bit for their app? The method of contact with that sort of dept is not always obvious.

33 minutes ago, Janus said:

I didn't know that . Thank you for advising me. I wonder  if the bank has a tech dept that can tell if I need 64bit for their app? The method of contact with that sort of dept is not always obvious.

Which apps are you using? 

The problem you have is that banks are continually changing apps because of security. You may not need a 64 bit phone now but that may change. No harm in future proofing now.