New Presenters On Pointless.

cressida

Alexander Armstrong still there but various presenters have been doing Osman's job.  Best of them being Stephen Mangan who plays it quite low-key,  next best is Sally Lindsay who is an experienced presenter after having presented Tenable,  some of the others are a bit loud,  perhaps trying too hard.

Anyone been watching since Osman went?

We used to be regular watchers, so much so that in 2015 we got tickets to see a celebrity edition being filmed (Bill Oddie, Helen Skelton...), it was a good day out with a warm up man (shades of Bobby Chariot). Somehow seeing it being made killed our enjoyment and we barely watched it anymore. From the little I've seen of it lately I agree that Mangan and Lindsay are doing a decent job. If I had to choose a daytime quiz now it would be Impossible or The Chase, for my sins.

1 hour ago, Palomar said:

We used to be regular watchers, so much so that in 2015 we got tickets to see a celebrity edition being filmed (Bill Oddie, Helen Skelton...), it was a good day out with a warm up man (shades of Bobby Chariot). Somehow seeing it being made killed our enjoyment and we barely watched it anymore. From the little I've seen of it lately I agree that Mangan and Lindsay are doing a decent job. If I had to choose a daytime quiz now it would be Impossible or The Chase, for my sins.

I’m not sure what sins you could get up to whilst watching The Chase.

But I’m very interested…

11 hours ago, cressida said:

Alexander Armstrong still there but various presenters have been doing Osman's job.  Best of them being Stephen Mangan who plays it quite low-key,  next best is Sally Lindsay who is an experienced presenter after having presented Tenable,  some of the others are a bit loud,  perhaps trying too hard.

I also like Stephen Mangan best.

11 hours ago, cressida said:

I agree.  Stephen and Sally were great but most of the rest have been OTT.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, cressida said:

Sally Lindsay is atrocious. All these on currently are repeats from last year anyway. 

2 hours ago, francypants said:

I wish they'd replace Alexander Armstrong,  can't stand him I think he's such a big head.

He has to repeat the same spiel every day word for word,  even Richard commented on it to him.   I don't notice it on other game shows,  is their another way for him to pose the questions as it's so boring that a loud speaker could replace what he has to say.

Edited by cressida