Anyone Observed Where Vast Inflation Has  Backfired ?

There is a limit  to what people will pay for any item. Some prices are now silly. It cannot continue indefinitely. Is  anyone aware of   things that are simply not selling due to the ridiculous inflated prices.

Mother has given up Lurpak and gone for Morrisons Spreadable, also stopped having Co-op Pork Pies, four tiny ones peaked at £2.65.

Was going to stop having daily baths due to energy prices, but it's a price worth paying, you're never alone with a rubber ducky

30 minutes ago, Janus said:

There is a limit  to what people will pay for any item. Some prices are now silly. It cannot continue indefinitely. Is  anyone aware of   things that are simply not selling due to the ridiculous inflated prices.

I guess we'll see next April when supermarkets announce record profits 

1 hour ago, Janus said:

I would think that house prices have reached well over their limit as I believe that prices are dropping.

Them 6 packs of walkers unsalted crisps with the blue salt sachet were selling at £1 in the pound type shops and discounters not so long ago. I was going to get some from Tesco today. £1.95 now. No thanks.

Tins of soup are over a quid for one now.

Edited by Janus
More info

3 hours ago, Palomar said:

Mother has given up Lurpak and gone for Morrisons Spreadable, also stopped having Co-op Pork Pies, four tiny ones peaked at £2.65.

Was going to stop having daily baths due to energy prices, but it's a price worth paying, you're never alone with a rubber ducky

Every where seems to sell smaller pork pies, are we no longer rich enough to afford larger ones?

Didn't larger ones used to be £1 for four?

Daily baths, now they are a thing of the past, for singletons anyway 🤣

We have been getting ripped off for years,  Mars bars used like house bricks now they are like Leggo bricks and ten times more expensive, I remember full packs of crisp, these days there are about four and in a pack and  if your really lucky, five. :hihi: