Where in Sheffield was Peter Sutcliffe arrested?

this is very similar to the version i heard....

when he was arrested in sheffield the copper did not, at the time, believe they had got the ripper. it was a random arrest of a guy found with a prostitute. one copper got hold of the ripper and the other copper got the girl. the ripper asked if he could have a 'pee' before being took to the station. the copper agreed and let the ripper walk off behind a bush. it was at this moment that the ripper dropped 2 tools including a hammer.

it was only when the ripper arrived at the station did the police get suspicious of him. upon this suspicion they sent the police back to the scene of the crime to do a search. this was when they found the tools/weapons.

this spot at broomhill was under a lot of police surveilance as all red light districts in the north were at the time. my old boss told me that he would be stopped regularly by the police when he was driving up collegiate crescent to pick up his then girlfriend from the hallamshire hospital.

remarkable story imo.

• 4 years later...
He was arrested on the driveway of Light Trades House, which were office premises about half way down Melbourne Avenue.

And I was there that night on my way to a youth group meeting in Broomhill.

I hid in that passageway from my friends.:o

this is very similar to the version i heard....

when he was arrested in sheffield the copper did not, at the time, believe they had got the ripper. it was a random arrest of a guy found with a prostitute. one copper got hold of the ripper and the other copper got the girl. the ripper asked if he could have a 'pee' before being took to the station. the copper agreed and let the ripper walk off behind a bush. it was at this moment that the ripper dropped 2 tools including a hammer.

it was only when the ripper arrived at the station did the police get suspicious of him. upon this suspicion they sent the police back to the scene of the crime to do a search. this was when they found the tools/weapons.

this spot at broomhill was under a lot of police surveilance as all red light districts in the north were at the time. my old boss told me that he would be stopped regularly by the police when he was driving up collegiate crescent to pick up his then girlfriend from the hallamshire hospital.

remarkable story imo.

that story of the rippers what ive seen on telly about it all

Archived