Can I Get Fined For No Car Tax?

I will be driving my sorn car to a pre arranged MOT next week. When it passes the MOT, I can get it taxed the same day. I will get the car insured before it goes to the MOT.

However, my dilemma is, could I get fined for driving an untaxed car to the MOT station?

Edited by poppet2
Amend

Just now, poppet2 said:

I will be driving my sorn car to a pre arranged MOT next week. When it passes the MOT, I can get it taxed the same day.

However, my dilemma is, could I get fined for driving an untaxed car to the MOT station?

Phone the Police and explain your situation. :thumbsup:

15 minutes ago, poppet2 said:

I will be driving my sorn car to a pre arranged MOT next week. When it passes the MOT, I can get it taxed the same day. I will get the car insured before it goes to the MOT.

There is no automatic fine for not having tax

However, you will flag on a police car ANPR camera so they could stop you

If you can prove youre on your way to get it MOT'd then you'll be fine

So i suggest you either print out the proof or have it on your phone etc

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, poppet2 said:

Hmmm... :huh:

Have a read of this...

https://www.westyorkshire.police.uk/ask-the-police/question/Q360

23 minutes ago, poppet2 said:

How are you gonna get insurance if you have no road tax or MOT?