Doncaster Sheffield Airport

2 hours ago, Mister M said:

Didn't that Little Britain comedy duo do a comedy that was filmed at Sheffield Airport - pretty sure  they did.

Not that they're responsible for the closure of the airport.

I'm sure that if this discussion is anything like the multiple 'Sheffield City Centre' threads the culprits will be:

Spice heads / crack heads

homeless

the council

Chuggers

buskers

Poor people with no money

The closure of Castle Markets 

lack of free parking

Çastle markets area was murdered by the Council planners who in a lot of cases no nothing about Sheffield's oldest meeting area due to them being incomers

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Mister M said:

Didn't that Little Britain comedy duo do a comedy that was filmed at Sheffield Airport - pretty sure  they did.

Not that they're responsible for the closure of the airport.

I'm sure that if this discussion is anything like the multiple 'Sheffield City Centre' threads the culprits will be:

Spice heads / crack heads

homeless

the council

Chuggers

buskers

Poor people with no money

The closure of Castle Markets 

lack of free parking

Come fly with me was filmed at Stanstead.

21 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

The fact that you couldnt get a train there was another issue

Irrelevant.

No station at Leeds-Bradford  either-has bus connections from  Leeds, Bradford and Harrogate stations.

No station at East Midlands either-has bus connections from  Loughborough, Derby, Nottingham, Long Eaton, Leicester and Nottingham stations.

Despite passenger railway lines at each end of the runway at DSA, Doncaster was regarded as the best railhead for all travellers.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Irrelevant.

No station at Leeds-Bradford  either-has bus connections from  Leeds, Bradford and Harrogate stations.

No station at East Midlands either-has bus connections from  Loughborough, Derby, Nottingham, Long Eaton, Leicester and Nottingham stations.

Despite passenger railway lines at each end of the runway at DSA, Doncaster was regarded as the best railhead for all travellers.

I've never used Leeds or East Midlands either 

4 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Irrelevant to the point you were making about there being no rail connection at DSA.

Well if you're using public transport from Sheffield you can get to Manchester airport in the same time it would take you to get to Doncaster airport

So which one did they choose?